Respected Contributor

Had a follow up Colonoscopy today

I have a history of colon cancer from 2013, my son who was 35 at that time was also diagnosed with colon cancer about 6 months before me. He had a history of rectal bleeding for about a year prior and had not seen a dr. ( he didn't tell me about it)His wife finally convinced him to be seen by a doctor and that was his diagnosis.  

We both had surgery because after he was diagnosed, I had a colonoscopy and diagnosed with cancer as well. We were both blessed to have a final diagnosis of less than stage one so no treatment. 

I had a colonoscopy 3 yrs ago and a small non cancerous polyp was found and removed. Today was my f/u colonoscopy and I'm so happy to report  there were no polyps found and told to follow up in 3 yrs.  I will be 76 yrs old if I'm still on this earth.  Blessed !! 

I will say that prep for today was something but it had to be done. I drank 1/2 gallon of a laxative last night then had to drink the other half starting at 3:30 this morning then a enema !! Not much sleep since yesterday, I could only eat a piece of toast yesterday before 10 am. With having Type2 diabetes, my fasting blood sugar had dropped to 64 so they had to give me dextrose IV to bring it up a bit before the procedure. I'm just thankful that everything was ok !

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Had a follow up Colonoscopy today

I'm happy to hear it went well. The preps can be a monster, but you must be relieved it's done. Have a restful rest of the day. ❤️

Honored Contributor

So happy for you.  I'm sure it's a great relief.  I have to have a follow up colonoscopy next summer because one of the polyps removed was precancerous.  The polyps were completely removed.  I'm putting it out of my mind until next summer.

Honored Contributor

I am so happy for you.Heart  On Nov. 4th later this week begins the first day of the last year before my next colonoscopy.  I can already taste and feel the prep.  Every three years in between procedures for me too.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Valued Contributor

I am so happy for you!

Thank God for all the modern day tests that we have, I know they're a nightmare to get through but they help save our lives!

Valued Contributor

That is wonderful news.  I am sure you are relieved and happy with the results.  Good health to you.

Honored Contributor

The wonderful news was worth the horrendous prep, forget the prep and just concentrate on the very good news. 

Perhaps next time your doc will have mercy on you and let you use one of the less horrifying preps, there are many of them now. I take pills. 

Honored Contributor

So very happy you had a good report!!!!

I hope you and your DS continue to do well.

Respected Contributor

Happy to hear you got great news! Nothing better than that! 

Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes,

So happy for you!

Thumbs Up Emoticon - Beautiful Emoji Queen Duvet, transparent png download