Super Contributor

Re: HSN ts meal replacement shake? anyone try this?

I bought it from last year's TS and really like it to mix with smoothies, vanilla works really well with fruit. I liked it so much that I've ordered a couple more since when they have sales, so I did order the TS this year as well, this time a cookbook is included (last year only the fat burner was included). I don't think they're miracle worker shakes for losing weight, but if you do replace a meal or 2, you will take in less calories.

They are good alone as a shake, and in smoothies to add protein, vitamins and sweetness. I personally like them, but some people don't like that they have artificial sweeteners (I think sucralose). I use splenda anyways so it doesn't bother me.

Valued Contributor

Well, unless I missed something, it is no wonder one would lose weight if you replace a meal or two with something that has only 63 calories. That is starvation level!

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Super Contributor

It is supposed to stand alone as a meal replacement, but I agree it's not filling enough alone. If I do drink it as a shake I usually use milk or soy milk and possibly 2 scoops, or drink it along with eating something else healthy for breakfast so it's more filling.

I mainly use it to mix into smoothies, it works really well for that. I just had one this morning with Vanilla Secure, 1/2 cup frozen blueberries, half frozen banana, some frozen broccoli stalks (that I saved from a head of broccoli for smoothies) about 4 frozen strawberries, soy milk and kefir water (that I brew), and a dash of cinnamon for digestion and because I love cinnamon. It was really good. Other days I use some baby spinach as well. It depends what I have on hand, but if nothing else, Secure works really well in smoothies. If I didn't add it, it wouldn't be as sweet and I probably would have added some honey.

For those wanting to use it alone as a meal replacement, the thought is that it has plenty of vitamins and fiber and protein to replace a meal. That doesn't necessarily mean you will feel full though, even though it's supposed to fill you up. It's like any other diet shake in that respect. It's hard for some to discipline themselves to eat less and lose weight, but if you do it, you will. I'm one of the people who has a hard time with it, it's a daily battle!