Honored Contributor

HSN FitQuest upright and recumbent excerise bike

Good morning everybody.  I have never ordered excercise equipment but I did like this one.  $169.99.  It is nice for small spaces.  I do not like the idea of putting it together but I will get help with that, however on youtube it looks easy. Anyway I purchased it and I am hoping it will be good.  A lot of good reviews.  Smiley Happy

Anyone have this?

Honored Contributor

Re: HSN FitQuest upright and recumbent excerise bike

I also ordered it...in turquoise, of course.  My sister has one very similar, I thought, and I called her.  She said it's the same machine.  She uses hers regularly and inspired me to get the TS.  She seems very happy with hers.

I often assemble complex things so I think I'll have no trouble with this.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I own the same thing only it's Fitnation from QVC.  I like it because it's small, foldable, and it reclines.  I have lower back problems and can use it in the recline and takes the pressure off my back.

Honored Contributor

Thank you everyone.  Kachina I purchased the purple.  They had nice colors.  The turquois is very nice.  I will post after I use it.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

I own the same thing only it's Fitnation from QVC.  I like it because it's small, foldable, and it reclines.  I have lower back problems and can use it in the recline and takes the pressure off my back.

@rms1954    That's why I wanted the recumbent feature, back problems.  I just hope it doesn't aggravate the knee in which I have some pain.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

@rms1954    That's why I wanted the recumbent feature, back problems.  I just hope it doesn't aggravate the knee in which I have some pain.

Hope it works for you.  I have one bad knee but because I'm sitting and not putting pressure on it, it does not bother my knee.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rms1954 wrote:

I also got the Fitnation, but it looks identical (both are made by Echelon so I'm guessing they are the same).  I love it!  It is SO quiet.  I use it nearly every day.  I only use it in the upright position. Best piece of exercise equipment I have purchased (other than my Tony Little EZ Shaper Pro).

Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine 919 

I watched the Tony Little presentation. Never have owned anything from FitQuest however. I have a pretty old ProForm Recumbent, and it was used hard. I did have to replace the magnets on the brake resistance once.

I bought a "steal of a deal" True high $$$ Recumbent, and they both were used for most of my Cardio and Leg Strength exercise for my ice skating. My machines are heavy and do not fold.

From the looks of this machine, along with being "step-thru" mounting, seem to be made for ease of use. It appeared to use magnetic brakes for resistance, and for me, that has always been better than "pads" or wind velocity. 

It didn't appear to move or wiggle under fast and higher resistance, so it's weight, combined with user weight seem to be enough to keep its stability. To me, that is a very important factor.

Haven't read any of these posts, that is how I reply to all original posts. Maybe others can give you more specificity about this brand. My comments are on how good a recumbent is for lower body strength and Cardio Conditioning. I know it has cables for upper body which can help movement. As far as arm an upper body strength? Depends on what source is used to add resistance. 

I hope this works out well for your use,

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I just hope the seat is comfy, I have found my problem in my senior years is that the seats kill me in the very private area!! 

Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

I just hope the seat is comfy, I have found my problem in my senior years is that the seats kill me in the very private area!! 

@Shelbelle 

Very important for sure. Tony showed the seat and pushed on it and it looked fairly soft. Think it is not like a typical bike seat. Other than that!

My old ProForm recumbent seat is bicycle like, but pretty hard. My much newer, 3 times the price, True Recumbent, has a seat as comfortable as the leather seats in our vehicles. It also declines to change the leg angle to the pedals.

I used my True machine for long and/or interval rides(at high resistance) for my Cardio. I used my old ProForm only for leg strength. Turn it to highest resistance setting, and used only 1 leg reps, for leg strength, and to keep my supporting knee muscles strong, and more flexible.

Some of those Banana Seats? Ouch, just thinking about using them. 

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)