Trusted Contributor

Re: HOW DO YOU TAKE CALCIUM?

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@Teddie 

In all my 78 years - only one time did a doctor tell me to take any supplement.  Pre-natal vitamins in 1965.

I'm OCD about a balanced diet.

------------------------------------

@Teddie wrote:

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I don't take any supplements.  My labs are always normal.  

@ALRATIBA  Bragger 😁

You’re lucky! 

@ALRATIBA  That’s wonderful! I hope you know I was teasing you! 

Honored Contributor

@Vivian   I'm on levo (synthoid), have been for a few years now (4-5). My Dr drills into my head, take it the minute I get up, wait half an hour then to eat and drink anything including coffee. And take it with only water.

It's imperative to allow the levo to break down, work prior to drinking and eating anything. I always wait one hour before my coffee (barely 2 cups a day in the morning). I don't take anyting else - prescription or otherwise until 3-4 hours later. 

As for taking calcium, I get it in my vitamin. Better yet, get your calcium in foods you eat - yogurt and milk to name two very good sources. I also schedule every three years via my endochronologist Dr bone density to make certain I am getting enough calcium. Good to go!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was also taken off calcium by my doctor a few years ago after that research came out. 

Esteemed Contributor

Now the fun is over between the Neuro and Neurosurg about blood thinners, the Cardio and Endo are taking their fight to the forefront.

I do take Citracal every day, at least until the next scan.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I think it is up to us to do our own research and make our own decisions on supplements. Doctors unless trained in both holistic and conventional medicine, know little to nothing about supplements. Dr.  Andrew Weil is trained on both, I read his online info quite a bit. 

Honored Contributor

TUMS. I find it calming before bed.

They make TUMS in kind of fun candy formats now. You can get them in Starbursts style chews or Skittles candy forms. The taste is not as great as real candy, but not bad at all.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

TUMS. I find it calming before bed.

They make TUMS in kind of fun candy formats now. You can get them in Starbursts style chews or Skittles candy forms. The taste is not as great as real candy, but not bad at all.

@Porcelain  @Tinkrbl44 

Did you see my previous post in this thread?  #25

I highly recommend watching the videos Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise I take vitamin D as well. Do you think it would help if I added vitamin K? Supposedly those two vitamins help direct calcium to your bones instead of your arteries.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Porcelain wrote:

@Susan Louise I take vitamin D as well. Do you think it would help if I added vitamin K? Supposedly those two vitamins help direct calcium to your bones instead of your arteries.

@Porcelain  Yes, I take D3 and K2 (MK-7)...but NO calcium!

Please watch all 3 videos about calcium. I gave info in my post - #25 in this thread.