Honored Contributor

HELP ME .. Teeth Removed Today

I am hysterically crying.  I had three teeth removed on top.  I have a temp partial and will have a permanent partial in six months after this heals.  I cannot stand how it feels.  I can't even drink cuz it falls off.  How do you eat with these things???  I asked all kinds of questions about how this would feel and work and nothing turned out as explained.  I asked several times if there would be something on the roof of my mouth as just the thought of it made me gag.  I was told no, it just clips on your other teeth.  

Honored Contributor

Re: HELP ME .. Teeth Removed Today

@rms1954 I'm so sorry. You need to call the provider who did the work NOW and get help. Sorry I have no other advice for you.

Respected Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

I am hysterically crying.  I had three teeth removed on top.  I have a temp partial and will have a permanent partial in six months after this heals.  I cannot stand how it feels.  I can't even drink cuz it falls off.  How do you eat with these things???  I asked all kinds of questions about how this would feel and work and nothing turned out as explained.  I asked several times if there would be something on the roof of my mouth as just the thought of it made me gag.  I was told no, it just clips on your other teeth.  

Call the dentist who is treating you before the office closes for the day.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

If it's falling off you need to have the clips or hooks adjusted.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is argumentative

Honored Contributor

Hang on!!!!!     I just spent the past 4 months in your same situation.

That "temp" is NOT MEANT to eat with.    It's for "looks".    Mine was painful to wear......so I just stuck with my "covid mask" in public.

Now......about eating.   Cut your food up in tiny pieces.   Shove it in the back of your mouth.....and chew with your MOLARS only.

Good and easy food to eat in this situation:    Fish, omelettes, yogurt.   You NEED your protein.    Also.....mashed potatoes, stuffing, mac & cheese, noodle dishes.......   You get the idea.    It won't be so BAD after you get used to this new routine. 

I just got my permanent bridge about 10 days ago........Yeah, it was a relief!

YOU CAN DO THIS.    Di 

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Valued Contributor

@rms1954 

I am so sorry you're having trouble with your partial.  I do hope you call your dentist and he sees you for an adjustment today.  Hope to hear from you later.  

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

That "temp" is NOT MEANT to eat with.    It's for "looks".    Mine was painful to wear......so I just stuck with my "covid mask" in public.

Now......about eating.   Cut your food up in tiny pieces.   Shove it in the back of your mouth.....and chew with your MOLARS only.

Good and easy food to eat in this situation:    Fish, omelettes, yogurt.   You NEED your protein.    Also.....mashed potatoes, stuffing, mac & cheese, noodle dishes.......   You get the idea.    It won't be so BAD after you get used to this new routine. 

YOU CAN DO THIS.    Di 

Thanks,  But a permanent bridge is not the same as a partial.  Bridges are fixed; this is not.

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

YOU CAN DO THIS.    Di 

@Desertdi   Great post...I'm sure this will help many folks Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I have a temporary called a "flipper".  I can't have implants in that area.  The  flipper clips onto my other teeth.  I take it out every night to clean it.  It's not perfect, but I got used to it quickly.  I've been wearing mine for several years now, as there's not a permanent solution for my situation.  You'll get used to it.  Give it a chance