Honored Contributor

Does anyone here drink kombucha?   

I recall a time when I tried kombucha, but wasn't aware it was still being sold ready made.  Wasn't impressed with it, either. 

This class action lawsuit caught my eye, so I'm sharing the information, in case anyone buys this brand ....  If you want more information go to topclassactions dot com.

health-ade kombucha

Health-Ade Kombucha Class Action Lawsuit Overview: 

• Who: Health-Ade has been hit with a class action lawsuit alleging false advertising of its kombucha drinks
  • Why: Consumers say the drinks, which are marketed as being healthy, actually increase the risk of numerous metabolic diseases
  • Where: The lawsuit was filed in California on behalf of consumers nationwide

Health-Ade Kombucha Comes With Not-So-Healthy Dose of Sugar

Each standard serving of the kombucha contains between 12 to 17 grams of sugar — including 10 to 13 grams of added sugar — accounting for between 60 to 91 percent of the products’ calories, the claim reads.

Johnson-Jack and Xavier say in the lawsuit that excess added sugar consumption leads to metabolic syndrome by stressing and damaging crucial organs, including the pancreas and liver.

“Metabolic disease has been linked to type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease, obesity, polycystic ovary syndrome, nonalcoholic fatty liver disease, and chronic kidney disease,” they say.

Honored Contributor

Re: HEALTH-ADE KOMBUCHA LAWSUIT

If I am going to drink that much added sugar, I'll take Coke please!

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

If I am going to drink that much added sugar, I'll take Coke please!

@millieshops 

LOL .... isn't that the truth!  

Honored Contributor

The product has less sugar in it than a glass of unsweetened apple juice, which has 24g of sugar.

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

The product has less sugar in it than a glass of unsweetened apple juice, which has 24g of sugar.

@Mindy D 

Any chance that could be a typo?   24 grams of sugar in unsweetened apple jiuce?   Wow.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

The issue here is false advertising claims.