Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Gym ladies- arm or wrist band recommendations for storing money, key, etc?

Do any of you use an arm or wrist band (or even ankle band) to store a key, money, and gym id card? I have one but it is a bit too small to cary more than a key and the tiny gym id card. Any recommendations? TIA!

Honored Contributor

Re: Gym ladies- arm or wrist band recommendations for storing money, key, etc?

[ Edited ]

I wear my key and my gym card on a lanyard around my neck, after I swipe in I put them under my shirt so they aren't in my way. I carry a washcloth around in my pocket to use to wipe the equipment as I go along - I leave my purse locked in the car if I drive (rarely) as I am close to the Y and I usually walk. I have no need for money or a credit card when I'm in the gym. If I did have some off the wall reason to take my wallet into the gym I would rent a locker to put it in while I workout.I think it costs 50cents an hour to rent one. I alsdo do not carry water bottles to the gym - I get a drink of nice cold water from the water fountain if I need one.

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze

This gets good reviews at BBB.

Store all your necessities while working out with the innovative FlipBelt, a tubular pocket you comfortably wear like a belt

Store your phone, keys, gel packs, credit cards or whatever you may need for your workout

Multi-access pocket openings throughout belt

Turn items and pocket access up, down, or inside, as convenient

Flip to lock-in items

No clasps, buttons, or buckles to cause uncomfortable chafing

Extra-Small fits 22"-25" waist/women's size 0

Small fits 26"-29" waist/women's size 2-4

Medium fits 29"-32" waist/women's size 6-8

Large fits 32"-35" waist/women's size 10-12

Extra-Large fits 35"-38" waist/women's size 14-16

Weighs 3 oz.

Made of 92% polyester/8% Spandex

Machine wash cold water

1-year manufacturer's warranty

Imported

SKU #43765973

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono I will check these out, thanks!

@151949 Oh I will always carry my water bottle. Drinking fountains kind of skeeve me out and I like to mix a little mineral water in mine. I drink tons of water during my workout and don't want to keep running back and forth to the fountain. I kind of like the lanyard idea. I may try that since I have a few already.

Honored Contributor

I need something to carry the few small items I need to take to the gym. I don't think I want anything to wear on my arm/wrist. A belt type one would probably work best for me.

I think QVC carries some kind of belt one. I had it saved in my Favorites but have not looked at it in ages. Need to do that.  

I always take my steel water bottle & a sweat towel. I avoid water fountains. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@willdob3 wrote:

I need something to carry the few small items I need to take to the gym. I don't think I want anything to wear on my arm/wrist. A belt type one would probably work best for me.

I think QVC carries some kind of belt one. I had it saved in my Favorites but have not looked at it in ages. Need to do that.  

I always take my steel water bottle & a sweat towel. I avoid water fountains. 

Oh yes I love my swell bottle that keeps my cold water cold for 24 hours. So many claim to but this really does. I gifted one to every active family member and they all love them and use it all the time. My mom got the smallest one for her coffee too because it keeps hot stuff hot for 12 hours and she is a slow coffee drinker and will drink on it all morning but always had to reheat it in the microwave. I keep meaning to try hot tea in it but haven't yet. I won't be without my swell! 

I am am debating on trying a belt because I don't like bulk around my waist and I do a lot of ab and core exercises so not sure I'd like a belt during those. I thin it would be fine while on the elliptical or stair stepper but not during weights/machines.

Honored Contributor

I have a small gym bag. I take classes so it's easy to just lay it beside the wall next to me or hang it on my bike or treadmill when I work on machines. I usually have my mat with me so it's my catch all for everything else. I never leave my purse in my car. Ever.
Honored Contributor

@Laura14 thanks but I don't want to haul around a bag. I have tried that and just don't want to hassle. I don't really take classes- just use the machines and weights- so don't want to carry a bag around as I go from one machine to the next. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze

You could always do something like this: