Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

How many calories are in each gummie??? I've never taken them.  I only take D3 and zinc in tablet form.

A lot.  I found a sugar-free brand but they are pricey.

Honored Contributor

@threecees wrote:

I just started taking these a few weeks ago. I don't feel any differences.

download (46).jpg

I expect to see a Class Action Lawsuit any day now on these!  LOL

Very good marketing scam IMHO.  Boss fell for it...gave them to me....

Taste YUMMY...do absolutely nothing as promised.  Zippo, nada, nuttin!

Honored Contributor

Never, i just dont care for the concept. When I want a supplement I take something I can swallow whole, or with my fiber supp, I mix in water. 

Respected Contributor

This is from WebMD:

Potential Risks of Gummy Vitamins

As convenient as they may be, gummy vitamins have several disadvantages. They owe their flavor to sugar, erythritol, mannitol, isomalt, and other sweeteners. Some manufacturers market their gummy vitamins as sugar-free, having replaced this sweetener with citric acid. But in most cases, the citric acid in the gummies is equally harmful because it wears down the enamel that guards your teeth.

Refined sugars can be bad for your health. When you eat a lot of them, they may lead to obesity, type 2 diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, tooth decay, and other long-term (chronic) conditions.

Studies suggest that refined sugar might raise your chances of liver disease and some types of cancer. Sugar intake in high amounts also has ties to depression.

Sugar alcohols, which are natural sugar substitutes that come from fruits and berries, are commonly found in vitamin gummies and may cause digestive issues like nausea, bloating, and diarrhea.

Gummy vitamins are often loaded with artificial food dyes, fillers, and other things to give them an appealing texture.

It’s important to take only the recommended amount of gummy vitamins. If you take too many at one time, you may have a vitamin overdose. Symptoms of vitamin toxicity can include:

• Trouble sleeping 
  • Digestive problems
  • Fatigue
  • Hair loss
  • Nerve damage

Talk to your doctor right away if you notice any of these problems.

The FDA does not review vitamin and supplement products before they reach the market. So they aren't regulated, and their health benefit claims may be false.

Research has found that most gummy vitamins don't seem to have the components they claim to contain. There's little proof that they can compete with traditional supplements in terms of nutrition. Gummies might also be made unevenly, so you get too much or not enough of the vitamin.

What Vitamins Do You Need for Ideal Nutrition?

The human body needs certain nutrients to work the way it should. You can get most of these nutrients from a balanced diet. Experts recommend that this include:

• Vitamin A
  • Vitamin B6
  • Vitamin B12
  • Biotin
  • Borate
  • Vitamin C
  • Calcium
  • Vitamin D2
  • Vitamin D3
  • Vitamin E
  • Folic acid
  • Iodine
  • Iron
  • Vitamin K
  • Magnesium
  • Molybdenum
  • Niacin
  • Pantothenic acid
  • Potassium
  • Riboflavin
  • Selenium
  • Thiamin
  • Zinc
  •  
  • Should You Take Gummy Vitamins?

Gummy vitamins have many downsides, compared with traditional supplements.

The dosage of gummy vitamins can be unreliable. Also, chances are that by the time you eat your gummy, its vitamin content will have degraded. The better option is to take traditional pills and tablets.

Honored Contributor

Re: Gummie Supplements

[ Edited ]

@RespectLife wrote:

@threecees wrote:

I just started taking these a few weeks ago. I don't feel any differences.

download (46).jpg

I expect to see a Class Action Lawsuit any day now on these!  LOL

Very good marketing scam IMHO.  Boss fell for it...gave them to me....

Taste YUMMY...do absolutely nothing as promised.  Zippo, nada, nuttin!

IMO they're junk. AVC is good for your gut but you'd be better off downing a glass of water with some Bragg's added to it.  

Valued Contributor

@RespectLife  What were you expecting to happen.? I take the ACV The Super fruits & The Ashwaganda..The AVC helps with Heartburn..The Ashwaganda has made  me & my Husband have a much Deeper Sleep..and I take the Super fruits because I never eat fruit so I figure it's a good way to get some fruit in me and Vitamin C

Honored Contributor

I do and strangely I do feel a difference with the Walmart brand multi vitamins for women. Mostly more energy and generally feeling better. Now I get their vegetarian ones.

I do think mmmm, these are good😄

and look forward to taking them.

I do take a few other supplements too-the regular kind. 

I have tried other name brands and haven't noticed any difference including the popular Live brand.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@Alexa6352 wrote:

@RespectLife  What were you expecting to happen.? I take the ACV The Super fruits & The Ashwaganda..The AVC helps with Heartburn..The Ashwaganda has made  me & my Husband have a much Deeper Sleep..and I take the Super fruits because I never eat fruit so I figure it's a good way to get some fruit in me and Vitamin C

@Alexa6352 

I actually expected them to do absolutely nothing which is what they did.

I almost never believe commercial claims on supplements etc.

If you have seen the commercials and the hype...this is what they claim:

According to Goli.com, the Goli Superfruits Gummies improve collagen formation, enhance skin youthfulness, work as powerful antioxidants, improve skin health and appearance, support skin structure and elasticity, provide essential nutrients, support the immune system, and help restore radiance, among other benefits

They also claim to 'curb your appetite and aid in weight loss.

Unsubstantiated claims and no results.

Tasty, cuz the first ingredient is sugar.  They were free to me....

Esteemed Contributor

On the pro gummy side, I've read they're better than pills for absorption, beginning and starting right with the absorption in the mouth. 

I don't take any gummies, b/c they taste too much like candy and I eat too many!

Esteemed Contributor

My hubby started taking these and I don't see them working for him either.

He started the 'grazing' in the kitchen during Covid....

I told him that if he wouldn't buy the snacks....he wouldn't eat them.

You don't need a supplement to do that...