Honored Contributor

@Justice4all

Yes- I felt my back/neck muscles open up almost immediately.Cat Happy

This time (Monday), there was not as much color released on the skin, so I knew that I would not feel as dramatically different as the first time.

It's almost like when you do a cleanse, or feel worse before you feel better. Things come out (in my case it was impetigo) as the body releases things it's been hanging on to.  The "funny" thing is that I thought I was going to get a cold sore on the other side, a bit of tingling, and then the next day the impetigo appeared on the left side.  

I love yoga, but I don't want to go to the gym (or use my mat) until it's totally healed. I couldn't have gone last week anyway with my back all red.  

Respected Contributor

@lolakimono

Are you doing summer school, or can you just relax and take care of yourself?

Honored Contributor

@Justice4all

No summer school this year.

However... the rest of the summer is still TBD.

I was supposed to go out of town after school ended to help my mom during her cataract surgeries (about 3 weeks for both eyes).

Then her sister (my godmother) died.

She went out to help and attend one of the services, and came back with shingles.

There was supposed to be another service in July, in OR, but I texted my cousin this week to find out the details and now she says there won't be one.

In the meantime, we were going to schedule the surgeries around the July funeral.  The doctor wants two weeks between eyes.  

Too much time passed between when she did the original testing (measurements for the cataracts) and her follow up appointment (plus an insurance snafu), so now she is starting over with a new doctor.

The new appointment was scheduled for the first Monday in June, but the weekend before the appointment she got another round of shingles.  When she called the office that morning, they told her to come in a few weeks.  She has an appointment at the end of June.

To further compound things, BF's father died in May.  Their family beach vacation is in July, and for the past five years I have not attended as I was doing summer work.  He would like me to go this year especially, but I'm not sure if I will be out of town for cataract surgery or not.

I am scheduling appointments here and there, because even a dentist appointment requires a half day off during the school year.  I just can't book too many things until I find out what I'm doing and where I'll be.  

Respected Contributor

@lolakimono

Fortunately cataract operations done by an extremely competent doctor are highly successful.  Thank goodness you have the summer off.