Not applicable

Re: Growing Toe in 65 year old lady

I am 53 and my situation few months back relate to your friend's friend condition. Even I had to change shoes and give space for my pushing toe. But I must say, I mistook it for a toe, which actually was a bunion.Surgery is not always the best option in such a situation.I consulted an experienced foot care doctor and my concerns were put to halt.Advice your friend for the same.

Honored Contributor

If you gain or loose a lot of weight you will change shoe sizes. It's not that your feet shrink it's because you aren't putting as much pressure on your foot so it doesn't press forward.

It's the same thing the Aussie does when he shows the arch's on people's feet and you can see the foot press forward.

I know this because I lost a lot of weight in 2014. I went from a size 11 shoe to a size 10 shoe.

The bones in my feet didn't get smaller, it's just that I lost weight in the width of my feet and in my body.

When you loose weight you loose it everywhere, even in your ear lobes.

Respected Contributor

On 1/1/2015 annabellethecat said:

If you gain or loose a lot of weight you will change shoe sizes. It's not that your feet shrink it's because you aren't putting as much pressure on your foot so it doesn't press forward.

It's the same thing the Aussie does when he shows the arch's on people's feet and you can see the foot press forward.

I know this because I lost a lot of weight in 2014. I went from a size 11 shoe to a size 10 shoe.

The bones in my feet didn't get smaller, it's just that I lost weight in the width of my feet and in my body.

When you loose weight you loose it everywhere, even in your ear lobes.

How did you loose weight? I'm struggling with loosing weight regardless of how few calories I eat and exercise. My fibro is really causing me to be seriously inflamed. I think that is where the weight it. Thanks for your story!

Super Contributor

The toe that was receiving the pressure would have been the one that pushed out. It did not actually grow. It is the same concept by which teeth are moved around during orthodontia.

Some people do drugs. I do shoes....Celine Dion