Super Contributor
Honored Contributor

Re: Ground Meat and Ham Recall

@OhioAngel Just seems to be a regular problem...food isn’t safe anymore.I wish I could be self sustaining like s9me of my friends.

Esteemed Contributor

If you skip to the bottom of the article you'll see a link to exactly what product, under what brand name, was exported to which state, and the sell by date.

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@OhioAngel Just seems to be a regular problem...food isn’t safe anymore.I wish I could be self sustaining like s9me of my friends.

@dex

I hear ya'!

I miss my growing up days when we raised our own veggies and had chickens for eggs and they were just some of my pets.

No meat involved though, I would never have allowed any type of animal to be killed, even for food.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

If you skip to the bottom of the article you'll see a link to exactly what product, under what brand name, was exported to which state, and the sell by date.

@x Hedge

Thank you for that tip, I would've missed it!Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Ham products were 89,000 lbs of Johnston County Hams out of Smithfield NC which were distributed in Maryland, North Carolina, New York, South Carolina and Virginia. The illnesses that have been reported were in North Carolina and Virginia.

The recalled hams were produced from April 3, 2017 through October 2, 2018.

April 2017 was a long time ago & that stuff has already been consumed I would think.

The beef is all over the place & looks like it's those big 3,5 or 10 lb Chubs. I never buy that stuff so not worried about that. We make steakburgers with chuck roast, top sirloin & maybe some beef short ribs or brisket. Can't remember the last time I bought hamburger.

The link at the bottom of the page only opens a page about the Beef Recall that I saw.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@x Hedge wrote:

@x Hedge

@Nightowlz,

Dont be fooled by the listing that appears.

After that first page, there are 32 more pages in the download of product item, states exported to, and dates.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@x Hedge wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@x Hedge wrote:

@x Hedge

@Nightowlz,

Dont be fooled by the listing that appears.

After that first page, there are 32 more pages in the download of product item, states exported to, and dates.

@x Hedge

I looked thru all those pages. It's for Beef like I said. I don't buy that stuff. It's all 1,3,5 or 10 lb Chubs of Beef except the sirloin trimmings listed first.

I have never seen those brands here even though there are some listed for my state.

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

Support your local small farmers!

*This has been a public service announcment*

Respected Contributor

Thanks for sharing @OhioAngel...I passed the info to friends that buy the Smithfield hams!