Esteemed Contributor

Re: Gripper socks for size 11 womens foot...???

@jackkeepoo wrote:

My 41 year old niece took a nasty spill on her hardwood floor.  I'm looking for her some socks with the 'rubber nubs' on the bottom but I can't seem to come up with any for her foot size which is a size 11.  Any suggestions?  As a matter of fact, socks of any type are hard to find for her foot.  Please help if you can. Thanks in advance.

I don't know where hospitals get their socks, but I have at least 50-60 pairs. Seems like different sizes might be connected to the colors. These are non-slip and I have several different colors.

I have a few yellow pairs that are huge, and go up almost to my calf. You might check online or maybe a medical supply store. Can't imagine a hospital not having a size that would fit every patient, especially since these are uni-sayx socks.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@jackkeepoo wrote:

I'll try Walgreens...unfortunately, there is not a Publix store in my area...nearest one is 1 and a half hours away...but thanks for the suggestion !

@sarahpanda, let us know if you find them.  You are very welcome for the suggestion.  I know, from experience, Walgreens has a good selection of medical equipment & stuff..  That's where I got my cane when I hurt my knee.. 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

I just bought socks a few days ago at Walmart.  They weren't this kind although I've bought this kind from them before but the sock size listed on all the packets was 9-11.  That was a size above me but I bought them and they did work.  You may want to try your local store and see if they carry the same.  

Sock size and shoe size aren't the same. Sock size 9-11 fits womens shoe size 6-10. As someone that wears size 11 womens shoes, it's pretty rare for sock size 9-11 to fit comfortably. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

I always check through men's socks for my 9 1/2W socks, so if you're looking in B&M stores be sure to check there too.

A lot of the socks I bipuy have both men's and women's sizing listed together on the wrapper.