Respected Contributor

Gripper socks for size 11 womens foot...???

My 41 year old niece took a nasty spill on her hardwood floor.  I'm looking for her some socks with the 'rubber nubs' on the bottom but I can't seem to come up with any for her foot size which is a size 11.  Any suggestions?  As a matter of fact, socks of any type are hard to find for her foot.  Please help if you can. Thanks in advance.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Gripper socks for size 11 womens foot...???

I just bought socks a few days ago at Walmart.  They weren't this kind although I've bought this kind from them before but the sock size listed on all the packets was 9-11.  That was a size above me but I bought them and they did work.  You may want to try your local store and see if they carry the same.  

Respected Contributor

Sorry about your nieces fall. Yesterday on our local TV station they were talking to a lady and she said it is impossible to find socks to fit her. She stated that she has been buying mens socks that they have been just what she wanted and plus they are cheaper to purchase. I also buy alot of mens socks they actually fit my foot much better and I need the 11 size also. Maybe the mens come with the grippers you are looking for.

Honored Contributor

If you Google "Posey gripper socks" you'll find socks available in sizes up to a size 14. Some retailers sell them for under $3 a pair.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Amazon.com

Honored Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

Amazon.com

@sarahpanda, I agree, I just looked and they have them in the size you need.. just do a search for gripper socks for women..

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

That's the kind they use at hospitals, etc., so I'd try a medical supply store. They have catalogs I'm sure you order from. Footsmart possibly, and check that out on line.

Honored Contributor

Walgreens has them too, betcha all the drugstores carry some form of gripper socks, even Publix has socks like that in their selection.

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Respected Contributor

I'll try Walgreens...unfortunately, there is not a Publix store in my area...nearest one is 1 and a half hours away...but thanks for the suggestion !

Respected Contributor

I bought some cushy super soft ones at Fred Meyer, that are well made  and they wash beautifully.