Honored Contributor

Great 14-minute video on/about the American Diabetes Association

This is for those who are Type-1, Type-2, pre-diabetic and those who are on their way to becoming pre-diabetic/diabetic without even knowing it...yet (haven't ever had their A1C checked)....

Worth watching...google:

Profit Model of the American Diabetes Association (Worry or Ignore?)

Honored Contributor

Re: Great 14-minute video on/about the American Diabetes Association

@Susan Louise wrote:

This is for those who are Type-1, Type-2, pre-diabetic and those who are on their way to becoming pre-diabetic/diabetic without even knowing it...yet (haven't ever had their A1C checked)....

Worth watching...google:

Just a heads up...this video is from Dr. Ken Berry who was fined and put on probation. He is not an endocrinologist trained to treat diabetes. He lumps Type 1 and Type 2 diabetics together and many of the statements he made in the video are untrue. He sells his own supplements and pushes a ketogenic diet. Lots of promises but fails to address all the disadvantages of being in ketosis 24/7.

Please do not take medical advice from YouTube "doctors." Seek advice from a board certified physician who specialized in endocrinology. One who individualizes your treatment based on your bloodwork and overall health.

Signed,

A diabetic living 50 years with Type 1 diabetes

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

Worth watching...google:

Just a heads up...this video is from Dr. Ken Berry who was fined and put on probation. He is not an endocrinologist trained to treat diabetes. He lumps Type 1 and Type 2 diabetics together and many of the statements he made in the video are untrue. He sells his own supplements and pushes a ketogenic diet. Lots of promises but fails to address all the disadvantages of being in ketosis 24/7.

Please do not take medical advice from YouTube "doctors." Seek advice from a board certified physician who specialized in endocrinology. One who individualizes your treatment based on your bloodwork and overall health.

Signed,

@Trinity11  On the other side of the spectrum, DH, I and thousands/millions of others are absolutely grateful for Dr Ken Berry. If it wasn't for him and a few other online Drs, we would not be healthy like we are now.

A fabulous book of his we read a few years ago I recommend for those interested:

Lies My Dr Told Me by Dr Ken Berry

Quite eye opening...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

This is for those who are Type-1, Type-2,pree-diabetic and those who are on their way to becomingpree-diabetic/diabetic without even knowing it...yet (haven't ever had theirA1CC checked)....

Worth watching..googlee:

Just a heads up...this video is from Dr. Ken Berry who was fined and put on probation. He is not an endocrinologist trained to treat diabetes. He lumps Type 1 and Type 2 diabetics together and many of the statements he made in the video are untrue. He sells his own supplements and pushes aketogenicc diet. Lots of promises but fails to address all the disadvantages of being inketosiss 24/7.

Please do not take medical advice fromYouTubee "doctors." Seek advice from a board certified physician who specialized in endocrinology. One who individualizes your treatment based on yourbloodworkk and overall health.

Signed,

Thank you for clarifying @Trinity11. There are folks who like to tout their lifestyle at every turn. It's valuable to hear there is more to know here than was originally posted. Folks can watch or not and make up their minds for themselves, hopefully seeking more than one informational resource. It's also important to acknowledge that no single diet works for everyone.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

Worth watching...google:

Signed,

@Trinity11  On the other side of the spectrum, DH, I and thousands/millions of others are absolutely grateful for Dr Ken Berry. If it wasn't for him and a few other online Drs, we would not be healthy like we are now.

There are many healthy diets out there. They do not cause, kidney disease, low electrolytes, fainting, bad breath, dehydration, heart disease, liver disease, gallstones, a fib,and the list goes on. Being in ketosis 24/7 is an unhealthy state. 

Respected Contributor

The OP listed three names of "experts" on another post. Two are chiropractors who sell books, supplements and access to diets. The third also sells things, and has had his medical license suspended at least twice.  $$$$

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

PLEASE,  anyone reading this with diabetes, type 1 or type 2, do not take any medical advice from a forum or YouTube video with out consulting your own doctor.

One who has a medical license in good standing!  Please do not endanger your health!

Shaking my head.........

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

@4kitties wrote:

PLEASE,  anyone reading this with diabetes, type 1 or type 2, do not take any medical advice from a forum or YouTube video with out consulting your own doctor.

One who has a medical license in good standing!  Please do not endanger your health!

Shaking my head.........

There are countless Drs with licenses who stand on the wrong side of issues.

Many are too lazy to learn new/updated info

Many are jailed for poor healthcare practices

Many refuse to change their stance on particular health issues because of $$$

And various other reasons...

I have come across some pretty lame Drs myself.

I recommend folks read 'Lies My Dr Told Me' by Dr Ken Berry.

I will say it again...it is quite eye opening.

I also recommend watching a near 2 hour educational documentary on youtube called 'Fat Head' which is chalk full of eye opening facts.

At least I know the upside...not everyone will choose to keep wearing their rose colored glasses and horse blinders.

Respected Contributor

"At least I know the upside...not everyone will choose to keep wearing their rose colored glasses and horse blinders."

That sounds like something that a cult member would say.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@4kitties wrote:

Shaking my head.........

There are countless Drs with licenses who stand on the wrong side of issues.

Many are too lazy to learn new/updated info

Many are jailed for poor healthcare practices

Many refuse to change their stance on particular health issues because of $$$

And various other reasons...

I have come across some pretty lame Drs myself.

I recommend folks read 'Lies My Dr Told Me' by Dr Ken Berry.

I will say it again...it is quite eye opening.

I also recommend watching a near 2 hour educational documentary on youtube called 'Fat Head' which is chalk full of eye opening facts.

At least I know the upside...not everyone will choose to keep wearing their rose colored glasses and horse blinders.

So you get your medical advice from basically a quack who has a checkered history? Fine but promoting Ken Berry who a simple google will bring up some frightening facts as to his performance as a physician. 

Anyone can lose weight reducing their caloric intake...exactly what you are doing when you cut out high carbohydrate foods. As far as sugar reduction? You can become a carnivore, eat no fruits, vegetables or grains and

do a ketogenic diet and the body will just turn the protein into sugar. Scientific fact...🙁