Respected Contributor

Re: Grazing or snacking -- whatever you want to call it --

I agree with all the responders as far as going for healthy treats.  I also suggest that you get a blood test to show your glucose levele.  Somethimes low or high blood sugar an cause you to want to eat.  Also, problems with your foot can be the cause of diabetes.Good luck.

Honored Contributor

Hi AngelPuppySmiley Happy

This might not sound great but I wash and cut in half iceberg lettuce and just cut off a chunk and crunch! Lettuce is also supposed to be a calming food. Also slices of cucmbers with the skin still on-very crunchy. And roasted almonds-so crunchy and they give you energy and good for a lot of things!

Hope that helps

Oh and also to have them cold and ready and the other things out of sight.

And a trick my grandmother used to do is just to imagine you are eating something, like your favorite candy bar. You know what it tasted like so you don't have to eat it cause you just imagined eating it lol! WEll, sometimes that works..and sometimes it just doesn't!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

I keep a container of mini carrot sticks, a jar of pickle slices, and a container of salsa for dipping in my fridge at work.  For something sweet if needed I bring only a certain amount for each week of Chex Sweet n Salty mix.  Some days I have it and some I do not.

I still have days where even though the above is all that is in my office I have the knowledge that there are vending machines 10 floors down from in this building calling my name.

I just try to get busy and usually the urge passes. 

I also just hate not being hungry at dinner time when the options are so much better than my office. 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Although it's mot "healthy snacking", you could keep peppermint.  That'll change your need to eat quickly!

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Although it's mot "healthy snacking", you could keep peppermint.  That'll change your need to eat quickly!

You're right! I've noticed that with York Peppermint PattysSmiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

You might want to see about joining a gym as many gyms have arm only exercise bikes. They even make desktop home versions of them if you don't want to go to a gym. THere are also DVDs with sitting cardio- basically you sit in a chair and they talk you through exercises. All of these things don't require you to use your ankle that way you can get your exercise in to help with anxiety and stay healthy. These days, there are so many exercise options for everyone- no healthy ankle needed!

Honored Contributor

@millieshops

I should do that - bag up some carrots and things!  Thank you!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@lolakimono

I have been trying to drink more water.  I probably drink maybe 3 or 4 glasses during the day.  

Honored Contributor

@CAMOGIRL

My weakness is sweet.  I am not much for salt, which is a good thing, which I, too, bloat up easily!  I can't eat chocloate, unfortunately!  Thanks for your tips!  

Honored Contributor

@GSPgirl

I wouldn't go in lunchroom but I do like to get coffee, water and tea.  And I do like to socialize for a few minutes here or there.  it helps to get away from the desk for a few minues.  I am depressed because I cannot walk.  Walking has always been my thing.  Back when I was young I did a lot stuff --- aerobics, yoga, fitness classes, weights, etc.  I have a lot of other health issues and have a hard time doing lots of things.  Back, shoulder, neck, etc.  So, it's hard.  I no longer have any desire to take classes or belong to a gym.

Thanks so much for your post.