Esteemed Contributor

Grandmas and Grandpas

[ Edited ]

Those videos of grandchildren hugging their fully vaccinated grandmas and grandpas really get me.  All tears here...

😢😢😂

My grandma passed 6 years ago, I so miss her...

Trusted Contributor

Re: Grandmas and Grandpas

[ Edited ]

@NYCLatinaMe, I understand what you are saying.  My grandparents on my father's side died when I was young or when I was very young and did not get a lot of time to develop memories.  I did not know my biological grandparents on my mother's side, as my biological grandmother died of tuberculosis in the 1910's.  So, my Mom was raised by friends of the family, the people I knew as Grandma and Grandpa.  And, the children of my aunts and uncles are my cousins, although not biologically.  I guess the point I am making, is I understand you missing a grandparent.  I think warmly of all the Thanksgivings, Easters, Christmases, and times in between spent with my Grandma and Grandpa.  They also let each of us stay a week with them during the summer and I remember going to the county fair with Grandma.  So many memories and they helped to develop us into the people that we are today.  Thank you, Grandma and Grandpa.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta