Honored Contributor

Re: Got the second Shingles shot today

p.s.  Lucky Shingles shots are available, as having shingles is a very painful event.

My previous post was sort of a rambling on of my wondering why the needles are so very, very long (as seen on TV).  

Maybe long for larger arms?  

Well, maybe there will be an answer from medical professionals here.

Thank you ahead of time.  Heart

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Got the Shingles shot today

I had rash after first shot. I used some creams & it went away. 

I didn't tell them because I wanted the 2nd shot.  I used creams right away after shot & had no rashes. 

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh 

How are you feeling today, my DH felt pretty crumy the day after his second shot

@gidgetgh wrote:

Yikes, is my arm sore!  And I'm having trouble lifting it too high,LOL. 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@I am still oxox wrote:

@gidgetgh 

How are you feeling today, my DH felt pretty crumy the day after his second shot

@gidgetgh wrote:

Yikes, is my arm sore!  And I'm having trouble lifting it too high,LOL. 

@I am still oxox - not feeling at my best today but I'll survive, LOL. . My arm is sore, but not as sore as it was last night. No big deal with that. But I do have a slight rash on my upper arm and it's a little swollen and I'm absolutely freezing. Just about shivering. It was all I could do to convince myself to take a shower this morning  (because I was so cold) and get dressed. I did, but I'm not feeling so hot today. Not horrible by any stretch, but I've had better days. 

I am currently on my recliner under a blanket but I'm still too cold so I'm going to add a second blanket. 

I just added a second, heavy UGG Sherpa oversized throw. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Trusted Contributor

I had my first shot earlier this week.  I was surprised how bad it hurt and how long it took, too.  I was thinking of the little mosquito bite from a flu shot.  Right away it felt like my arm was swollen but it was not.  My arm hurt very much and after a couple hours I was very fatigued and "out of it" at the office. At home I went to bed early. The next day I did not feel sick, but I still feel tired and just loopy, blah.

I go back in April for shot 2.  I keep hearing the second shot is worse.  I don't want shingles though!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

My husband and I both had our shots at Walgreens!

My 1st shot was fine, didn't hurt.....My 2nd dose the shot was more painful and my arm hurt for a few days, and I had symptoms of lethargic, achy muscles, and feverish. It only lasted 24 hours though, so not too bad, and a small price to pay to not get Shingles again!

My husband didn't have a reaction to either shot...Everyone is different!