Honored Contributor

Got the second Shingles shot today

I can't believe our luck today. 

I had it on my calendar, for today, to stop at CVS (I also could have called but wanted to go in person) to put our names on the list for the second shingles vaccine.  It's been exactly 62 days since my husband and I got the first one. 

We went in at 11.  The tech pulled up our information and literally was counting days on her fingers. Then she said they had gotten a shipment early this morning and did we want to go ahead and get them right then. Heck yeah!!

And so we did. I'll tell you. This shot, for both my husband and me, was a lot more painful going in than the first one. 

After being on the waiting list a year and half for the first vaccine, I was thrilled to luck into them today. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Got the second Shingles shot today

Dancing in the streets 👏

I was on a list and then one day I was up at the hospital and they asked.  Great relief.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

It was a very good move @gidgetgh . I am so happy we got ours

Valued Contributor

I realize everyone is different but the second shot made my arm very sore for several days.  The first shot caused no pain at all.  Perhaps the soreness was caused by the person that administered the shot. 

Honored Contributor

I got my 2nd shot back in November.  I agree with others, the second shot hurt.  My arm was quite sore for a couples of days.  Not so for the first shot.

Respected Contributor

We got ours in October and end of December, and talk about being thrown for a loop.  I felt like I was getting the worse case of flu ever.  The feeling lasted 2 days, but it was a doozie.  Small price to pay not to get shingles.

Honored Contributor

Yikes, is my arm sore!  And I'm having trouble lifting it too high,LOL. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

I was on a list for about 3 months last year and they called a little after 2 months later to give second shot. I really felt poorly for a couple days after both shots. Glad it's done and over.

Frequent Contributor

Glad you got the shingles shot. My husband and I got the two time shot I think 2 years ago. It was very painful for the both of us. But, it sure beats getting shingles. I hope people dont worry too much about how the shot hurts. It is totally worth it. 

Honored Contributor

Seriously, I don't know anything about giving shots, but I have a feeling that it depends on the person giving the shot.

Btw, sometimes we see a nurse or whoever giving shots on TV, and it looks as though the needles are very, very long, and the needle 'goes way-way into' the arm.

What if a person has slim arms, does the long, long needle hit the person's arm bone?

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).