Esteemed Contributor

I received Marie's Body Gym a couple of days ago. I love it. I've watched the video and done the exercises twice. It's very effective and worth the money. I've belonged to Health Clubs until a couple years ago, so I know it's effectiveness. I'm so glad to get this.

I like to get something new each year to kickstart me off. I need to always preserve and build muscle. This will help. Last year I got the Body Blade and still use and love it, too. Both of them are out and both are used. 

You won't be disappointed if you invest for this.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I didn't get it, but probably should have.  I need to build arm strength.  Glad it worked out for you.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Got the Body Gym

[ Edited ]

I have had the original Body Blade and the smaller ones that came as a pair for years. Both work as advertised, but I prefer the Blade.

I also have the Tony Little Body Shaper Pro. The one by Marie is similar, but cost a whole lot more than what I paid for the one I have by Tony.

Resistance bands and cords have been used for a few decades now, originally by Physical Therapists. A person with improvisation can make up tons of their own exercises. I have not found a muscle group that cannot be reached with plain old Thera-Bands.

These types of resistance devices can be taken just about any place a person chooses. All are good/effective methods of toning and/gaining muscle strength/flexibility and even improving one's balance.

Glad to see you are happy with your choices and also the way you have chosen to keep yourself motivated by adding new things to use?

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

I have had the original Body Blade and the smaller ones that came as a pair for years. Both work as advertised, but I prefer the Blade.

I also have the Tony Little Body Shaper Pro. The one by Marie is similar, but cost a whole lot more than what I paid for the one I have by Tony.

Resistance bands and cords have been used for a few decades now, originally by Physical Therapists. A person with improvisation can make up tons of their own exercises. I have not found a muscle group that cannot be reached with plain old Thera-Bands.

These types of resistance devices can be taken just about any place a person chooses. All are good/effective methods of toning and/gaining muscle strength/flexibility and even improving one's balance.

Glad to see you are happy with your choices and also the way you have chosen to keep yourself motivated by adding new things to use?

hckynut(john)

Well, thank you John. Nice of you to say. I've used bands, also, but what I like is the convenience of increasing the resistance by just rolling. I just find the bar easier to work the bands. 

I agree with the BB. Just love mine and haven't put it away since I bought it. It takes so little and good results. 

Love the videos on them. So helpful. And love starting the new year with something new. Like a lot of people, I have many "toys," and I find them all useful & rotate them in and out.

Happy New Year!

Trusted Contributor

I started using mine yesterday and so far, so good. I'm starting out slowly and only 15 at a time, at my age need to be sure I don't pull something😀. 

Esteemed Contributor

@LIndaMJ wrote:

I started using mine yesterday and so far, so good. I'm starting out slowly and only 15 at a time, at my age need to be sure I don't pull something😀. 

Be sure to warm up before and stretch your muscles and connective tissues while warm blood is flowing through your body. Age is not the biggest cause of "pulling something", that is the result of lack of flexibity or trauma.

Good for you,

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Just used mine for the first time yesterday and I was beyond impressed at how strong this is.  I've done a power class for years but I like this much better.  It works me harder.

I have been considering the body blade for a long time but finally settled on this.  I'm short and I'm not sure how manageable the blade would be for me.  I think I made a good choice in the BG.  I was loving the sit ups and rows.  Much easier to do than at the gym.    

Esteemed Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

Just used mine for the first time yesterday and I was beyond impressed at how strong this is.  I've done a power class for years but I like this much better.  It works me harder.

I have been considering the body blade for a long time but finally settled on this.  I'm short and I'm not sure how manageable the blade would be for me.  I think I made a good choice in the BG.  I was loving the sit ups and rows.  Much easier to do than at the gym.    

Hi Laura. I love mine an think it's a great workout. The labels on the bar are so helpful. I watched & worked with the video, but the pictures on bar will make it unnecessary.

I'm 5'4" and the BB works fine. I don't think it has much to do with your height. You might want to give it a go in the future; they're compatible. I rotate them. 

Super Contributor

I bought it also!  Love it.  I also got the Total Gym Supreme and the Fit Bit HR from HSN on the Today's Special last week.  And, I just got the Vionics shoes.  I am bound and determined to lose some weight and get in shape this year!!

Occasional Contributor

Re: Got the Body Gym

[ Edited ]

Beeweaver , me too . my goal is to exercise /workout 1 hour/day . I haven't seen much weight loss yet, but my clothes fit better, love handles almost gone , now I am trying to chop off the muffin top Smiley Happy

this is my plan :

3 days doing cardio at the gym

2 days doing zumba

1 day walking .

I am eating 5 small meals/day , and doing all of those work out .  Good luck to all of us Smiley Happy