Esteemed Contributor

Re: Got the 2nd Shingles shot the other day.

I had just a sore arm both times. I did take an Alieve with the second one because I walked the dogs a lot. 
  I kept moving it like someone suggested and I think that helped.

Valued Contributor

Got the second shot and again felt like i was hit by a bus.I had the chills for 2 days and  very tired plus a headache and of course a sore arm.thank god no 3rd shot..

Honored Contributor

Some soreness in my arm after both shots....I had a far worse reaction to the flu shot this year than the Shingrix
Honored Contributor

@heart of savino wrote:

Got the second shot and again felt like i was hit by a bus.I had the chills for 2 days and  very tired plus a headache and of course a sore arm.thank god no 3rd shot..

@heart of savino -same for me after the 2nd shot. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Valued Contributor

I know I should probably get the shot. My husband got the shots over a year ago and he stated they were painful and uncomfortable. He usually doesn't complain about things but it must have been for him to make remarks.

My mother and a good friend have both had Shingles and I know both would have gone thru the pain of the shot rather than to experience shingles.

Respected Contributor

@msgb   No probably about it. Take the shot. I had slight fever and chills with the first one. I took some ibuprofen that night went to bed and was fine the next day. Slightly sore arm for about 2 -3 day. Not bad at all. With the second shot I had a pounding headache and slight nausea for 24 hours and a sore arm for a couple of days. These reactions are a very small price to pay for 90% protection from the shingles. It's not just the sores and pain that comes with the out break of the virus it is also the residual nerve pain that can last for years. If the virus is on your face it can cause terrible eye problems.