Honored Contributor

Re: Got our flu shots yesterday

@Suzeecat I think it depends on how the shot is given.I have had many with no soreness and one where I thought I was going to be sick during it..the shot sent waves of reverberations down my arm that I can’t even describe.That arm stayed sore and very bruised for a long time...not sure what happened there but some say they must have hit a nerve.

Esteemed Contributor

All this conversation about flu shots encouraged me to finally make my appointment for mine! I will receive my shot in two weeks . . . that's about the time my PCP usually likes to have his patients receive them. Thanks for the reminders, ladies!!

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

Omg...   LOL   I keep giggling at someone thinking that her arm is sore because she has the flu in it  LOL   They always say that you "might" experience some pain or soreness after the flu shot but I never did until last year.  Wow.  I was not expecting that I would have a sore arm for a week.  My husband is an RN, he said Tylenol and warm compresses but I don't it helped much.  I just had wait for it to pass.  He said it was technique.  Some clinicians are better at giving injections than others.  Last year, the CVS pharmacist gave me the shot.  This year, my doctor can do it when I go for my yearly physicial in a couple of weeks.

Regular Contributor

I got mine yesterday. Arm is a tad sore but that's it. Tech that gave me the shot said to relax my arm...well, it was relaxed. I don't think he's use to seeing a woman my age with biceps...lol Next year I'll be 70 (can't believe it!) but workout with dumbbells at least 5 times a week. 

Honored Contributor

Our university offers the shot every year.  This year it will be in mid October.  My arm is never sore after the shot.