Honored Contributor

We made an appt. We got in and out quickly. We both had a slight reaction (sore arms,kinda achy). Are feeling fine to day.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Esteemed Contributor

You are so fortunate. Here in upstate NY, the apparent black hole of inoculation, I have all but given up on being vaccinated. My husband and I are both over 65. We both had cancer. We both have at-risk conditions that should allow us entrance to vaccination. Nevertheless, we have no access. We shall quarantine ourselves for the rest of the winter. Yes, I'll check all the websites, including pharmacies, that may provide registration for vaccinations, but as of now we have nada, rien, zero.

Honored Contributor

I have heard of scary awful reactions to the second shot. Im sure not too many have it happen though.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

@Vivian wrote:

You are so fortunate. Here in upstate NY, the apparent black hole of inoculation, I have all but given up on being vaccinated. My husband and I are both over 65. We both had cancer. We both have at-risk conditions that should allow us entrance to vaccination. Nevertheless, we have no access. We shall quarantine ourselves for the rest of the winter. Yes, I'll check all the websites, including pharmacies, that may provide registration for vaccinations, but as of now we have nada, rien, zero.

@Vivian  I am in NY and when I google my county and where to get the vaccine I get a list of places. Our two hospitals and assorted pharmacies. Did you try checking your county for info?

Esteemed Contributor

I have checked every possible website, to no avail. Upstate NY is a forgotten land.

Respected Contributor

@CherryHugs wrote:

I have heard of scary awful reactions to the second shot. Im sure not too many have it happen though.

I can speak to that. Husband and I had second Pfizer two days ago. I had chills and body aches that night and next day. My husband felt fine until this morning. Now he has nausea and vomiting. Lasted maybe and hour and a half. Asleep on couch now.

Trusted Contributor
I got my first Pfizer shot this morning. I was so lucky. Missouri is last in the amount of vaccines given. The military personnel were managing it. It was very organized and it only took a couple hours to get in and out. It was drive thru. Cars were backed up for miles. It was held in a church parkng lot and the church gave everyone a $5 coupon to a local restaurant. We'll see how it feels tomorrow. Most complaints I've heard are after the second one.