Honored Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

Everyone in WV has to register thru a state website which kicks our info to the health department in the county where we reside.   Lists are compiled and maintained from online registrations.   We are called with appt information when our registry appears on their list.  

I've been on the list a month now, and hope I don't get a call until my county has the one shot option available, and gives me that choice.    

@RedTop.  That's the way we do it too except the state health department handles the whole thing and makes the appointments.  I got my first Moderna shot two weeks ago and have an appointment on the 16th for the second.  It has worked very efficiently. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

congrats on finally speaking to someone about a COVID-19 shot.  Hopefully you will get your appointment soon.

DH and I had both doses and it is once less worry for us.

I can't see going through this process yearly 😷😷

Esteemed Contributor

In Arizona anyone 55 and older can get a shot.

Honored Contributor

I have been on several lists since end of Jan and still not been contacted. The list means very little, at least for me. 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

Everyone in WV has to register thru a state website which kicks our info to the health department in the county where we reside.   Lists are compiled and maintained from online registrations.   We are called with appt information when our registry appears on their list.  

I've been on the list a month now, and hope I don't get a call until my county has the one shot option available, and gives me that choice.    

What happens if you get a call before the one shot is available? Would you just postpone the shot until you can choose an option? I'm not criticizing, just curious. Whatever you decide is your choice. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Contributor

In Virginia, registered on Dept. of Health website and my husband got email to click to schedule his first shot. He had it on Sunday and I just got my emal to schedule my first show. We are both 65+.

It's coming!!