Honored Contributor

For some reason, I just felt I wanted to get it over and done with.  I sure don't want to not have gotten it and they run out.  Not here, but I remember  a couple of years back, when they ran out of the vaccine.  

Honored Contributor

Good! I got mine 2 weeks ago. I'm 70 and haven't had the flu since I was a teenager.

And you cannot get the flu from the shot! I don't know why people think this! If you get sick after the shot, you were exposed to it previously. Ask any medical professional.

I usually have a little bit of a sore arm for a day afterward but it's no big deal.

Honored Contributor

Last week got mine...Publix giving 10.00 gift card...insurance covered the shot. 

End of the month booster Shingle vaccine...back ordered do to running out.

Honored Contributor

I hope this year's vaccine is effective. Last years's version was not even close to helping anyone.

Let's pray for a good year this time around.

Honored Contributor

It's still a bit early - we will get ours in early Oct. We need to be covered before the snowbirds start to return because they seem to bring the flu to our area with them.

Respected Contributor

Re: Got my flu shot today

[ Edited ]

Too early, I always wait until mid Oct & then cross my fingers they guessed right...last year they didn't.

Esteemed Contributor

@qualitygal

Good for you -- I was going to go this week, but will be traveling for a few days.  

Plan on going in as soon as I return home!

Found I rarely got sick once I was no longer commuting to work on the bus.  At work, someone was forever hacking/coughing/sneezing and sick rather than staying home.

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@qualitygal

Good for you -- I was going to go this week, but will be traveling for a few days.  

Plan on going in as soon as I return home!

Found I rarely got sick once I was no longer commuting to work on the bus.  At work, someone was forever hacking/coughing/sneezing and sick rather than staying home.

I used to have to care for people who were on ventilators with the flu - like having a jet engine blowing the virus in your face.

Honored Contributor

I got mine early last year and my NP later suggested I wait until October to get one, so that's what I'm doing.

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

It's still a bit early - we will get ours in early Oct. We need to be covered before the snowbirds start to return because they seem to bring the flu to our area with them.

You say that every year.  Flu Season peaks between December and February every year  in the US.

If the snow birds bring the flu to Florida, who brings it to the rest of the county?

It just sounds like coincidence to me.