Honored Contributor

Re: Got my flu shot today, CVS paid me to get it

On 9/25/2014 mtnbikegirl said:

Wow! That's fantastic! I got my flu shot @ CVS last week, and I had to pay 31.99. I thought I had good health insurance too{#emotions_dlg.confused1} It is well worth it though. The flu is nasty!

did you check your wellness benefits with your insurance? flu shots are usually covered under that

Super Contributor

Got my shot from Kmart today and it says it lasts several months to a year. And takes 2 weeks for protection to delelop..

Valued Contributor

On 9/25/2014 lovesrecess said:

Wow! That's fantastic! I got my flu shot @ CVS last week, and I had to pay 31.99. I thought I had good health insurance too{#emotions_dlg.confused1} It is well worth it though. The flu is nasty!

did you check your wellness benefits with your insurance? flu shots are usually covered under that

thanks, I'll check it out. It was one of those things "I'm here, so I might as well get it done and out of the way." One more thing to check off the listSmile

Esteemed Contributor

On 9/23/2014 suzeecat said:

My employer offers them for free every year.

Mine does this as well.

I detest it when people come to work sick.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Super Contributor

Did you get something "fancy", other than the straightforward stab in the arm? Like the nasal version, or a high dose? Depending on your age and other factors, the pharmacist may have selected one of the non-standard options and not explained that to you. If they did, it should say something in the blurb that they give you (I never read those, I just put them in the recycling, I'm bad).

Respected Contributor

On 9/25/2014 CAROLINA2 said:

My doctor advised me to wait until Oct. to get my flu shot. Does anyone know why he would tell me that? I didn't think to ask him about it at the time.

I am currently taking the drug Humira for my psoriasis and my derm advised (well instructed) me to wait till the end of October and I always listen to her. I, too receive them free from my employer. There must be a reason she advised me to wait tho.
Trusted Contributor

I got the flu once when I was a child. (My whole family did.) I have never been so sick in my life!!! I ALWAYS get my flu shot and will continue to.