Esteemed Contributor

This morning I received my first dose of Moderna. Total time in and out was perhaps 30-40 minutes, including the 15 minute wait time that you have to wait to be monitored for an adverse reaction.   It was very organized, and I had it at my doctors office. 

Earlier this week I started drinking extra water and plan on continuing the extra ounces through the weekend. I am also moving my arm around more trying to help out with any future soreness. 

So far so good, but it's only been a few hours. Tonight, before I go to bed I will take a Tylenol.

Honored Contributor

Re: Got My Covid Shot Today

[ Edited ]

@nevergivesup   I am right there with you. 

Super Contributor

Just got my 2nd Moderna at Walgreens.  It goes so smoothly there.   So glad I found such a close location to home.

I'm a bit nervous, but I am so glad I got the 2nd one.   Most people I know had some side effects like many of you are saying, low grade fever, aches, headache, chills, sore arm.  I'm prepared.   Most of them have all said they were down for a few hours or a day and then the next day, felt fine.

I do have one male friend who said he has a bad taste in his mouth since getting his 2nd dose of Pfizer on Sunday morning.   I have never heard that one before.

Thanks everyone for your posts.  It is helpful knowing how others have fared.

Honored Contributor

@Ladygray wrote:

Just got my 2nd Moderna at Walgreens.  It goes so smoothly there.   So glad I found such a close location to home.

I'm a bit nervous, but I am so glad I got the 2nd one.   Most people I know had some side effects like many of you are saying, low grade fever, aches, headache, chills, sore arm.  I'm prepared.   Most of them have all said they were down for a few hours or a day and then the next day, felt fine.

I do have one male friend who said he has a bad taste in his mouth since getting his 2nd dose of Pfizer on Sunday morning.   I have never heard that one before.

Are you having any side effects? Arm pain? I assume you would have mentioned it if anything was really bothering you.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Super Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

@Ladygray wrote:

Are you having any side effects? Arm pain? I assume you would have mentioned it if anything was really bothering you.

Hi @Porcelain....

It's now been 4 hours since my vaccine.  I'm feeling real tired as I write.  Moreso than all day.  My arm is more sore than earlier, but not intolerable. My 1st Moderna arm pain was bad the next day.  I have taken my temperature and so far it's normal.  But it's only been 4 hours.  I am planning to stay home from work tomorrow.   If I feel as tired as I do now, I won't be productive anyway.  Plus, don't want to leave work and not feel good driving home.

I'll keep reporting on my side effects (hopefully few) as the evening goes on and tomorrow.   I also feel a bit warm... even without a temperature.  But it's 95 degrees here and although I have my AC on, it's still warm, so who knows.

Thanks for asking. 

Super Contributor

Sorry for the big print.  Not sure how that happened.  I'll blame it on the vaccine. Smiley Very Happy

Super Contributor

Re: Got My Covid Shot Today

[ Edited ]

Got my 2nd shot of Moderna yesterday.

Today feeling terrible.  Achy, chills, sore arm, headache... no fever as of yet.  I am super lethargic.  Zero energy. 

Just feel 100% blah.   I hope it gets better tomorrow.  Stayed home from work today. But no one backs me up when I'm out (although I back others up) so I worry about the work piling up.

Haven't felt this crummy in years.

Honored Contributor

@Ladygray wrote:

Today feeling terrible.  Achy, chills, sore arm, headache... no fever as of yet.  I am super lethargic.  Zero energy. 

Just feel 100% blah.   I hope it gets better tomorrow.  Stayed home from work today. But no one backs me up when I'm out (although I back others up) so I worry about the work piling up.

@Ladygray yeah, day after the 2nd Moderna shot was crummy for me also.  Chills, fever, nasty headache.  Endlessly long day, feeling awful.

I felt fine the next day and I hope you do also.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Frequent Contributor

I got my second Moderna shot this morning. I'm happy it's done and over but

it was so different than the first. I always turn my head away and before I could say anything it was over. I didn't feel the needle at all or any burning immediately after. This time nothing. If I didn't see a mark on my arm I wouldn't have believed I got a shot.
Did anyone notice a difference between both shots? Just curious. 

Super Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@Ladygray wrote:

@Ladygray yeah, day after the 2nd Moderna shot was crummy for me also.  Chills, fever, nasty headache.  Endlessly long day, feeling awful.

I felt fine the next day and I hope you do also.

Thank you for your support.   I am so hoping tomorrow will be better.   I am not one who likes to be in bed all day.  I get so antsy.   Just feel so tired.  Seems like the norm with so many others too.