Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Catty2 wrote:

Glad to hear it.  I got my second Pfizer shot on Thursday and am happy to be fully vaccinated.  Other than a sore arm didn't have side effects.  

——————

You probably know this but you are not considered fully vaccinated until two weeks after your second shot. (Someone reminded me here and although I was aware, I appreciated the thought, so hope you take this in the manner it was intended 🙂).

Honored Contributor

My daughter said she saw an advertisement requesting for people familiar with giving shots to please reply.

The area near where I live is way behind people who should be getting vaccinated NOT getting vaccinated.

That area is heavily Latino.  My next door neighbor and her family are from El Salvador originally.  In fact, a few years ago we all celebrated her mom (at the age of 80) become a citizen.

She said she and her family ( many who are eligible) are still deciding if they want the shot(s).

That might have something to do the low percentage of less vaccinated people.

My friend is a teacher’s aide.  As far as I know it isn’t a requirement for her job.  Her job requires her to go into the classroom every day.

I haven’t spoken to her lately.  Hopefully she and her family members decided to get the vaccine.

Her decision surprised me , because she’s always told me how afraid she is about getting Covid.

Esteemed Contributor

@nevergivesup  DH and I were discussing the polio vaccine today as we made our way to the vaccination site.  He had the polio shot but I had the sugar cube.  It seened as though everyone took it at face value that a shot or sugar cube would stop polio.  

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh -

I don't worry about them getting the second shot but how they do after it and hope they do okay and its not too bad. But all worth it for sure!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 

I have given myself well over 100 shots of Lovenox. Wonder if I would qualify?

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

My nephew reported in this morning that "every single cell in my body aches". 

No fever, no chills, no nausea and just a slight headache.

As I'd previously posted, he received his 2nd Moderna shot yesterday, late afternoon.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Occasional Contributor

I'm planning on getting my this next week. Hopefully I can find the J&J one so I only have to get jabbed once!

Esteemed Contributor

Wonderful for you!  Makes life so much more peaceful.

Respected Contributor

Got my second jab over 7 hrs ago. Except for a sore arm no other side effects. Glad that I am fully vaccinated. 

Respected Contributor

I got my 2nd Pfizer on Sat.  Slept all day Sun and Mon.  No other symptoms.