Esteemed Contributor

I am so glad that DH and I got our vaccine today, the one and done J&J.  Lines went fast and we were out of there after about 40 minutes, including the 15 minute wait time after vaccine administration.  I was really worried as to how things would go after the pneumonia shot disaster.  So far, except for a little nausea and dizziness that I credit to not eating breakfast before the shot, everything seems good.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

The side effects didn't hit me until about 7 hours after the shot.  Mostly tiredness and the sore arm.  

Honored Contributor

Good for you @SXMGirl .  It's a relief to have it done, isn't it?

My nephew in New York City is scheduled for his 2nd Moderna shot this evening.  I'm on pins and needles waiting for him to text us to say he got it.  Ridiculous I know, but with all our family members so far, and my close friends, I pay attention to when their 2nd shot is and then wait to hear they've gotten it.  I need some new hobbies, LOL. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

hooray for you. It really is amazing how affecting it is to know that you are vaccinated, and in a couple weeks (whatever the guidelines are for the J&J vaccine) you will be "fully vaccinated."

Respected Contributor

Congratulations!  I had the Pfizer shot on 2/5 and second one late Feb. I had a sore arm after the first shot, and my arm was even more sore after the second shot but it only lasted about one day.  The whole process ran very smoothly both times 

Respected Contributor

Congratulations on getting vaccinated.  The feeling only gets better and better after the two weeks pass for the vaccine to get its full effectiveness.  This past year has been the longest year ever. Glad to see most are getting protected at this fast pace. Hooray!

Honored Contributor

My nephew just texted me.  He got his second shot about 5 minutes ago!  He's still in the 15 minute wait after the shot area.  

I will sleep better tonight, LOL. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Valued Contributor

Congratulations@SXMGirl . It’s a great feeling, isn’t it? My mother had polio in the 1920’s and suffered all her life with post polio syndrome. I still remember clearly how proud and excited my parents were when the polio vaccine came out in the 1950’s and we kids got vaccinated. Prior to that they were always concerned if we went to a public swimming pool or large gathering.

Times were different then; political parties played no part in accepting medical advances and there was a great sense of optimism in the country that we were moving forward making a great, young  country even better. I never, ever would have believed we would have regressed to the current climate. It literally makes my heart ache.

Respected Contributor

Glad to hear it.  I got my second Pfizer shot on Thursday and am happy to be fully vaccinated.  Other than a sore arm didn't have side effects.  

Respected Contributor

a great quote I just read in the Washington Post:

In recent months, Dr.David Satcher has been speaking to reluctant groups and their leaders, such as ministers, about the need to get vaccinated.

“Of all our medical interventions, vaccines are probably the safest,” says Satcher, who served as CDC director during the Bill Clinton administration. “This virus is more dangerous than any vaccine. People are dying and these are preventable deaths. That is my message.”