Respected Contributor

Re: Good treadmill suggestions?

Thank you all for your suggestions. I know the nearest town has a Sears. I think I'll check there first.

Thanks again!

Trusted Contributor

On 1/23/2015 debc said:
On 1/22/2015 FastDogWalker2 said:

Love from my Nordic Track from Sears!

That's what we have, I've had it 10 years and still use it.

At least ten years here, too. Best investment I've ever made. I had some trouble with the belt squeaking and "sticking". It's in the cold basement, so I think the sticking was a normal thing as it was when I'd first start out on the treadmill; once it warmed up, it was fine, although the squeaking was annoying. Some lubricant quieted the squeaking and also solved the sticking problem. My NT is at least ten years old and I still love my treadmill. (Much better than the elliptical that's in our bedroom. Love the treadmill; hate the elliptical.)

I'd like to get a new treadmill, just for some bells and whistles. But since my old one keeps going strong, I can't justify a new one. 3 miles on that thing every morning of my life.

Honored Contributor

1- Treadmill should weigh more than the user if running.Xxxxxxx2-Minimum belt width--20""XXXXXXX3-Minimum 2.5 CHP if used for runningXXXXXXX4-Minimum of 52"" belt length if used for running. Keep it well cleaned and do all preventative maintenence.
hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

You'll get a better workout with a treadmill. Burn many more calories.
Respected Contributor

On 1/22/2015 annabella said:

I bought a manual treadmill. No motor thus no issues with breakdown nor paying for electricity( they are power gobblers!). You actually get a better workout as you have to put more into each step.... and they are much less expensive.

I also have the NordicTrack manual that I bought 20 years ago. I need to get back to using it 30 minutes a day, as that is all I need to be in top shape. Enough of this life of sloth!

Regular Contributor

Precor commercial grade treadmill. We purchased ours slightly used. Excellent product, no repairs. I prefer walking outside so it got little use.

Personally I prefer my low impact AreoPilates Pro XP 555, the one with heavy wooden supports, with the rebounder attachment. Far easier on the joints and the rebounder burns a lot more calories than a treadmill in far less time. I purchased it as a demo, out on the selling floor less than a week, and saved a few hundred dollars. Excellent product as well, no repairs so far.

Regular Contributor

Precor commercial grade treadmill. Excellent product, no repairs in ten years.

Personally I prefer my low impact AreoPilates Pro XP 555 with the rebounder attachment. Easier on the joints and the rebounder burns a lot more calories than a treadmill in far less time. Excellent product as well, no repairs in four years.

Super Contributor

I have had a Proform for about 8 years. Bought directly from them although HSN sells them. Mine is still in good shape but I use it for walking only, no running. It does have a push button incline.
Esteemed Contributor

Bought my treadmill from Sears. Waited until they had a sale. Paid for delivery and assembly. Best money I ever spent ... the assembly and the treadmill. I run most everyday. Good luck and have fun.
"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."