Esteemed Contributor

Re: Good news is: We're finally on the list to get the shots

When my hubby went for his first shot, I think it was probably 40 min. at most and that includes drive time to and from.

He gets his second one next week! So glad for him!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I have no idea what is going on here in Ohio but I know we are lagging behind.  I know people who went yesterday to get their shots. They are in the 65+ group but initially their appointments were canceled because they were told the 80+ group isn't finished yet.  All of a sudden they got a call and were told to come in.

It's so unorganized.  It's just a colossal embarrassment that as a country we couldn't do better than this. 

I also heard peoples' first appointments are being canceled so those shots can be given to those who need their second shot since there is a shortage.

As far as how long these last, no one knows.  There are rumors that this vaccine lasts 5 months.  How many people are going to go every 5 months to get vaccinated?  If that is really the case, the majority of people aren't even going to have their first vaccine and others are going to need to be vaccinated once again.    

@Lipstickdiva 

Why in the world would you believe "rumors"?  There's enough reality to worry about in today's world without getting concerned over rumors.  No one knows how long immunity from the vaccines will last because not enough time has elapsed since the first people received their second dose.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

Just an update.  Seven days ago on the list, still nothing as far as when.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Called my Hometown Pharmacy yesterday to get on their list. I have no idea how long it will take. I honestly didn't know what else to do, if my health care provider calls and can give it before the pharmacy I will call and cancel.

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

Just an update.  Seven days ago on the list, still nothing as far as when.  

@qualitygal We were on the list 2 weeks before we were notified of openings.  

Valued Contributor

I got my first one yesterday. Scratchy throat and sore arm last night, slept like the dead and a sore arm today. Throat feels fine. I'm more tired than usual, but that's it. I've read and heard the second shot causes more side effects, but I'd rather have that than the virus. I feel relieved. It was really really hard to get my appointment. I tried every Tuesday when the phones and website opens in our county -- calling over and over and refreshing the website. Finally this past Tuesday I got on for both of us. My husband goes in tomorrow.

Briggsie

Esteemed Contributor

Maybe I'm missing something, since I haven't read every thread. But why do people have to stand in line for hours if they make an appointment? Do these places schedule several appointments at the same time so they're overbooked? I'm not completely understanding this, unless people show up who haven't made appointments. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain