Esteemed Contributor

What horrible timing!  Hope it works out well.

My gallbladder has been gone for a long time, but now I guess I have a new thing to fret about.

Trusted Contributor

@fairydogmother  Blessings and prayers for a good outcome and no further complications that stop you from your travels!! 

Respected Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

What horrible timing!  Hope it works out well.

My gallbladder has been gone for a long time, but now I guess I have a new thing to fret about.

the statistic is 1in 7 people will get another stone even after gall bladder removal. Since I'm apparently the 1, you should be ok. 😂😂😂

Harmonize the World
Esteemed Contributor

My prayers are with you.  See yourself on the cruise having a great time. Visualize.  

Esteemed Contributor

Well...I had something very similar to you last year. My bile duct was so blocked by stones that I was yellow.....I had my gall bladder removed the year before.

They thought they could clear out the stones through an endoscopy. Mine were really stuck in there and after trying to get them out ..twice this way. Ihad to get my bile duct resected and the stones removed that way.

Yours sounds not as bad as mine was.....

Honored Contributor

Hope your feeling better soon so you don't miss your trip. At least this happened before you left. What a nightmare that would have been. 

Respected Contributor

Update: abdominal pain has subsided significantly. Just a twinge now and then.Makes me wonder what's going on in there 🧐 like, what has changed?

Still haven't heard from anyone Re: getting me in for MRCP and MRI. 
Maybe because of the protocols that have to be followed-

The clinic where I go for primary, some specialty and urgent care, will not do MRIs on patients with pacemakers. Once it is determined that the device is compatible with having an MRI (mine is), then my cardiologist has to be contacted. He will determine the pacemaker settings for during the test. The test is only done at a certain radiology & imaging place. Then my pacer company has to be on their approved list of companies they work with (mine is on the list). Finally, they only do MRI in ppl with pacemakers on a certain day of the week. 
Im not even making this up. Apparently it's a way bigger deal than I thought. 

Harmonize the World
Esteemed Contributor

@fairydogmother 

Guess I missed that you had a pacemaker in your thread starting post. I can now better understand why it is more complex than I originally thought.

This obviously isn't considered an emergency, or you would already be in an ICU, or dead. Don't remember where you started with your diagnosis(primary/urgent care, or)? 

My wife doesn't have anything permanently inside her body that prevented the ER from doing a Contrasting CAT Scan, and then an MRI. Had she been given the "chase the donkey tail", she would have died in 2010. That was/is her advantage of going directly to an ER from our home when her #10 pain level started.

Had she had a pacemaker at the time? Everything necessary would not be dragged out over days, or longer. As I said above, she would either be in an ICU Unit, or the morgue.

I know you are not making this up. With all my ins and outs of doctors and hospitals, along with my wife's?  Things did not always go smoothly, but when I stepped in on several occasions, mostly my health situations, things got changed and ran more smoothly.

As another poster said here, I will paraphrase: "better now than on a cruise".  Best to you on getting this issue done in put in your past, after your joyous cruise of course. 

hckynut 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)