Super Contributor

@gnomie1 wrote:

@Zoe wrote:

@gnomie1 

And YOU DO NOT NEED A MEMBERSHIP to use the pharmacacy - it is open to all!

Well, perhaps not quite -- at least not for all stores. Maybe better to say 'You SHOULDN'T NEED A MEMBERSHIP..."

My elderly father was just turned away the other day trying to refill a prescription he had previously filled at that exact same location. I even went down there and spoke to the manager to inquire. The manager said this is Costco's policy, and it was out of his hands. He offered us the opportunity to sign up for a new membership on the spot, but we needed to run the numbers before committing.

Best to call and check policy with your local Costco before counting on it.

GoodRX PR is on it this week. Woman Wink

That is horrible - according to the Costco website one does not need to be a member to shop at the pharmacy - I would call Costco corporate office and let them know what happened - they would want to know if one of their warehouses is not abiding by corporate policy

https://customerservice.costco.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/796/~/do-i-need-a-membership-to-purchase-... 

You do not need a membersip to use Costco's pharmacy.  But, Costco Membersip Prescription Program, their discount program, is available to Costco warehouse club members only.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

checking prices for truliciy, at good rx and single care. i can find discount about the same but at different stores. 

i also, came across offer for good rx gold membership. i haven't figured out that one yet. Interesting to compare $$.  i think $ depend on where you live and the competition around you.

Respected Contributor

Going to start using GoodRX for my dog's hydrocodone. Been paying $60 out of pocket for 30 tablets. With coupon it will be around $20. Huge savings. Also one of my bp meds will be nine bucks less than insurance copay. 

Harmonize the World with Barbershop Music
Trusted Contributor

I am on one medicine that is $682 per month.  I've told my doctor that I cannot afford that much longer, but he says it could prolong my life by 2 to 3 years.  I wonder what the monthly cost for that drug would be with Good Rx.  Do I just call the pharmacy?  Sorry for the dumb question!!

Honored Contributor

@123SuzyQ123 wrote:

I am on one medicine that is $682 per month.  I've told my doctor that I cannot afford that much longer, but he says it could prolong my life by 2 to 3 years.  I wonder what the monthly cost for that drug would be with Good Rx.  Do I just call the pharmacy?  Sorry for the dumb question!!

@123SuzyQ123 I've never used it, but I think you just download the app, enter where you live, and then enter the drug name and choose the dosage.  It'll give you a list of pharmacies in the area and the price for that drug and dosage at that pharmcy.  You then take that to the pharmacy.  However, remember you can't use it WITH your insurance.  It's either/or.  

Honored Contributor

@fairydogmother wrote:

Going to start using GoodRX for my dog's hydrocodone. Been paying $60 out of pocket for 30 tablets. With coupon it will be around $20. Huge savings. Also one of my bp meds will be nine bucks less than insurance copay. 

@fairydogmother I'm assuming you can't get your prescription from your vet?  Reaon I ask, my vet carries a lot of prescriptions and they really discourage you getting them filled elsewhere.  It's my biggest complaint with them. 

I had an asthmatic cat that needed a compounded prescription and my vet (the doc) wrote a prescription and even chose an online pharmacy for me to get it filled.  When the script ran out, I called about a new one and the front desk folks were going to charge me for it.  They grudgingly didn't charge me for it after I explained I couldn't get that script from them (and after checking with the doctor).  It just really made me mad.  I ended up going to a cat-only vet for Sambo after that since they also seemed to know more about the condition.  

I still use then for my other cats, but that experience just left a bad taste in my mouth concerning them.  I don't mind getting the prescription food from them.  They're competitive with Chewy, but if I can save money going elsewhere and they're going to charge me for that, I just don't think that's right. 

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@fairydogmother wrote:

@fairydogmother I'm assuming you can't get your prescription from your vet?  Reaon I ask, my vet carries a lot of prescriptions and they really discourage you getting them filled elsewhere.  It's my biggest complaint with them. 

I had an asthmatic cat that needed a compounded prescription and my vet (the doc) wrote a prescription and even chose an online pharmacy for me to get it filled.  When the script ran out, I called about a new one and the front desk folks were going to charge me for it.  They grudgingly didn't charge me for it after I explained I couldn't get that script from them (and after checking with the doctor).  It just really made me mad.  I ended up going to a cat-only vet for Sambo after that since they also seemed to know more about the condition.  

I still use then for my other cats, but that experience just left a bad taste in my mouth concerning them.  I don't mind getting the prescription food from them.  They're competitive with Chewy, but if I can save money going elsewhere and they're going to charge me for that, I just don't think that's right. 

our vet doesn't carry or fill narcotics. He will only write the script for an outside pharmacy. Pain in the butt. 

Harmonize the World with Barbershop Music
Trusted Contributor

Thank you, @Icegoddess  !!

Respected Contributor

I have also found Good Rx very helpful. I have noticed I can save 50% on prescriptions from dermatologist rather than use my insurance.