Frequent Contributor

From what I understand, if you have a known exposure to the virus, you then are supposed to quarantine originally for 14 days whether you test positive or not,  The CDC has changed that to 10 days I believe .

Even if you test negative at day 5, since the Covid incubation period runs from 2-14 days, a person is still supposed to quarantine.

Honored Contributor

Yes, it's a long incubation period.  That's why they say that anyone who's been exposed should quarantine for two weeks.  It may not be possible for everyone, but if you can, you should.

Honored Contributor

My husband and I have been saying for a long time a negative result is only for the moment. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Good Information

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the chart.  Makes it easier to understand.

I was tested for Covid yesterday. Thankfully I didn't have it but they wanted to see me because I have cold symptoms .....  sinus, sore throat, and have lost my taste and smell.  We have been very careful.  I will still be careful. Just because it was a no...doesn't mean we can go back to normal living and gather in groups or crowds. I do have a sinus infection and am not quite up to par but I am so grateful I didn't have Covid that I can't feel too miserable!! 

DH has heart disease and asthma and I also have heart disease so we appreciate our families understanding.

Since we are in are early 70's it looks like it could be March before we qualify for the  vaccine. Hopefully they can get it out earlier than that but it is the way it is. I'm glad the health care workers are getting it first.

Honored Contributor

People should be isolating for a full 14 days after exposure, whether you are showing symptoms or not.   I don't think people realize this or are willing to do this.

Honored Contributor

Re: Good Information

[ Edited ]

My true feelings on this whole thing is this. While all the health organizations are gathering tons of information, nobody will convince me, any one of them know exactly the how and why of it this virus.

Unless a volunteer accepts a specific way to better know the specificity of how/when who was the carrier? Everything to me is conjecture. The way these decisions are arrived at make little sense to me.

First, how does anyone know the exact number of days of contraction? Base that with the number of False/Positives, and vice versa. Only a 100% hermit that has seen and been close to only that 1 person, can say with 100% accuracy, this is how they contracted this virus.

All I need do is look back to last March and the "experts" projections. Most of them had more "wrong" than they had "right". Then I could go through almost the daily changes, by these same "experts", almost completely contradicting the original theories.

Last week I met 3 people I know at the ice rink that had had the virus, and quarantined for 14 days. Only 1 of them felt like he "thought" he knew how he contracted it. The other 2 had no clue. Why would I think others that end up contracting it are any more sure than this 1 out of 3? I don't.

This money spending "tracking" to me is next to worthless. Especially tracking someone that every day is in a variety of places, around various types of individuals. Mask/no mask/6' distance(has to be estimated of course unless one has a sure way of measuring)/no 6' distance.

So who transmitted the virus to this person? Of course, according to many here, it had to be those egocentric/non-caring ones without a mask! Is that known to be 100% accurate? Of course not, but if it makes the one saying and guessing, feel better to say they knew? Fine with me.

I follow the masking where mandatory. I wash my hands as many times a day as most that are home more than they are out and about. I distance at the ice rink in the dressing areas, but on the ice? I am my own free spirit. If someone wants to talk with me, if they are concerned, they will keep track of the 6' distancing, because I am not doing the footage guessing game.

Let's see what else is on my mind. Oh! I am snowed in, so cannot get to the ice rink, which is open today. My wife has our snow machine(SUV)  I have the no-snow gas mizer. 

Time for me to hit the gym starting with my recumbent. Catch ya later,

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

E6F1FB8A-D841-4699-AF59-98585A6347F2.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@Twoaces wrote:

Excellent information.  This emphasizes how different this virus is from so many other illnesses.  It is fickle and unpredictable.  That is why I wear a mask when out, and I mostly stay home.  Do I want to be out and about?  Would I have loved to be with family and friends at .Christmas?. Absolutely!   With vaccines coming our way, I feel like this is like the last mile of the marathon, or the last five pounds to lose on a diet. Yes, the hardest!m But, meaning that we’ve come this far.  Light is at the end of the tunnel.  We can do this!!

This is such a wise, well stated, reasonable statement. Why do so many deny this @Twoaces ??

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you so much, @Kachina624