Trusted Contributor

Good Feet Store? Anyone tried them?

DH has had a few surgeries & still suffers from back & knee pain. I read some testimonials from the Good Feet Store & we are thinking about trying it. First of all there are no prices listed. I would like a ballpark figure on how much these things cost before we make the 3+ hour round trip drive to the nearest location. Anyone ever tried these? Anxious to hear if they helped & how much did they cost? 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Good Feet Store? Anyone tried them?

Sorry to say that I spent almost $1000 there and the insoles did not help me.  However, I had different issues than your husband.  This was quite a few years ago now.  For that money I got three different levels of insoles.  I wore one of them more than the others, but it was still not a miracle cure for me like you hear about on TV.  I hoped for more.  

If you go, I would plan to spend a lot of time in the store and "try before you buy."  Take more than one pair of his shoes so he can try the insoles in all the shoes he wears the most.  

Esteemed Contributor

Read the reviews online, most aren’t that great. Very expensive and I’ve heard they are not custom insoles. They just go in the back and pick from stock. Don’t know if that’s true or not. 

Esteemed Contributor

My Podiatrist recommended I go to them in lieu of custom orthotics for Plantar Fasciitis.  I did; they fixed me up with ready made insoles for $50 and problem fixed (never to return--also use reflexology for PF).

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

It is very expensive, hundreds to thousands.  They make custom insoles, not only do you have to actually visit the store, you have to go back and pick them up.

There's no guarantee.  You need to find out if his knee and back pain is actually from not walking correctly.

Respected Contributor

@patbz wrote:

My Podiatrist recommended I go to them in lieu of custom orthotics for Plantar Fasciitis.  I did; they fixed me up with ready made insoles for $50 and problem fixed (never to return--also use reflexology for PF).

I have PF also....been to the Podiatrist and they made custom orthotics ($300) they haven't cured my PF.  Neither did the shot in the foot he gave me and I couldn't take the Voltran anti-inflammatory med he gave me along with it.  

Never heard of reflexology for PF....did you have to find a place that does this or just self taught on Youtube??

Honored Contributor

My DH loves his Good Feet inserts! They go under the removable liner in your shoe. He tried all kinds of other products before trying GF. He has never had surgery, but has pain from an old ankle injury when he was running daily. He also really needs arch support for comfort. He paid about $500 hundred the first time he was seen, measured, and fitted for his 2 pairs of inserts. They are made of some kind of hard plastic, & he has not had to replace them yet. He has had his for at least 5 years. 

Respected Contributor

I bought a pair of inserts from the Good Feet Store 15 years ago for

severe pronation ....they look like the day I bought them .. have not

worn down at all ....and they get put through a lot ....solved my problem ....

Best thing I ever did for my feet ....

Esteemed Contributor

@tsavorite:  Reflexology is foot massage.  It easy to find a place if you live in a city with a large Asian population (I have done this a lot and all my technicians have been Chinese--they receive their training in hospitals in China).  Usually a foot massage is 30, 40 or 60 mins long and begins with soaking your feet in warm/hot water for 15 mins or so while technician gives the rest of your body a massage (clothes on).  Then they really massage your feet, pressure points, legs , hands, fingers, arms.  It is delightful and inexpensive.  In Vegas, Phoenix and Central CA coast it's usually around $40 for one hour.

Respected Contributor

If you have never had refleology you can't imagine how great it is ....