Valued Contributor

Went to the dentist and got the broken tooth taken care of.  Before starting we talked about what type of crown, she said gold.  So while working on the tooth she said part of it broke off.  She fixed it and took an impression for a crown.  Then she said she'll use the Zirconium because it's not as heavy as the gold.  She made the temp in her office and it looks and feels good.  I wear a nightguard and before I tried it she said it probably won't fit perfectly.  Well it did so now I don't have to worry about a temp crown coming off while I sleep.  I have been to several dentists over the years and she really can check the bite better than any other dentist.  So get the crown in 2 weeks.  Hope the crown lasts, if not getting it pulled and maybe an implant.  I did notice on her door that she had a note if you have no phone to knock on the door.  Guess others have said they have no cell. 

Super Contributor

GEE ..... This thread is right on time! I have porcelain over metal crowns that are about 30 years old. They have held well.

Just one month ago I had a gold crown put on a back molar after the filling fell out and a new filling wouldn't stay in. My dentist felt I needed a crown. I went with gold because I have a strong bite and I grind.

I guess I'm old at 65, in some folk's mind, but I wanted something to last my days, however numbered they may be. I honestly don't care about the look.

Then, last week a big piece fell off one of my porcelain,( I think it's a bridge ), on another molar. I go see my dentist Tuesday so he can have a look.

I don't know what to think about this one. Guessing he'll need to pull off my bridge? Would anyone have any clue? Seems reasonable to me this will be a major repair job.

Gold vs Porcelain!

Still Tabbycat ~~ Less is More ~~