Honored Contributor

Re: Going To The Dentist And Covid Charge

I went last month.  There was a special fee (did not specifically say Covid) that was charged and Delta Dental paid it.  I believe it was $15 but it's a very large practice, so I'm sure they can spread the cost out easier than a small practice can.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Janey2 wrote:

@Nightowlz  What if they are telling you that you are paying for someone else's x rays but that is not true. I know that changing doctor's and dentists is hard (especially during Covid), but maybe you should look into it. I give to causes, but of my choosing, not a dentists. I don't know, but this all sounds strange to me.

@Janey2 

Did not think of that. I guess they make more money that way.

I like my dentist since he does a good job so doubt I will switch. He's the only dentist I have seen since my dentist of over 30 years retired. 

Like him or not that's insurance fraud and I wouldn't be okay with the explanation.  I would let the insurance company know.

Respected Contributor

When I rescheduled my last apt since COVID I was informed that there would be an $18 fee (due to COVID) that was not covered by my insurance.  I was a bit taken aback but didn't complain.  When I checked out after my apt I was told I owed nothing.  I didn't argue.  Whatever.  I guess they have to make up for extra costs somehow and at the beginning of the pandemic they donated all of their extra PPE to front line workers.  It seems like we are paying more for everythings thanks to COVID.

Respected Contributor

A covid charge should be unethical anyplace one visits.

Is a covid charge for extra cleaning?  If so, a dentist, doctor, restaurant, etc., should always be cleaning.  

If it's extra cleaning because of covid, I would surely visit elsewhere. All places should be as sanitary as possible. 

Respected Contributor

This is just another charge that they will use to get more money. I also find it insulting don't forget.  Everyone got a check from the government during the shut down. This is just another rip off from some dentists. I don't understand why people are paying this charge themselves because the government said anything to do with covid they will pay.

Respected Contributor

My dentist   said only if  you have insurance they are charging covid charges but if you have no insurance they will not charge you. Either way it is a rip off. I don't agree with what they are doing. Plus, my dentists office  even refused to get me my bill to look over I had to call twice and wait over 2 weeks to get it which was a joke nothing was itemitzed. Because I wanted to see if a covid charge was put there, but I will never know.

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

@cuddlesmama : You say they have a right to charge. My question: Where do they get that right?

Honored Contributor

@cuddlesmama You still didn't answer my question. Where do they get that right? 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

So if you're complaining about the new nominal $5-$20 Covid charge....Then go find another dentist that doesn't have a Covid charge.  The choice is yours.
Or, maybe hold off having dental work. 👍

"I'm not paying a penny more.  I'll gum my food!"

013E4894-07FD-4290-9977-F80CABB4D85F.gif

Respected Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

@cuddlesmama You still didn't answer my question. Where do they get that right? 

I never said they have a right  to charge a covid charge!! But they are doing it!! I don't agree with it!! 

Honored Contributor

Well,someone did. It was either you (Cuddles) or Selbelle. In fact,it says the DDS has a right.