Respected Contributor

I just got these two new supplements and have never taken them before. Anyone take them and find good results?   The Zeaxanthan was expensive so if it's not doing anything within a few weeks I will return it.  My eyesight has been bothersome lately, as well as my joints.  These are from Andrew Lessman.  More pills to pop LOL.

Respected Contributor

Re: Glucosamine and Zeaxanthan

@Grouchomarx   I've been taking glucosamine every day (1500 total mg) for about 20 years.  I've been a jogger for 35 years (I'm 70 now) and have had some knee problems in the past.  The glucosamine does help with the knee cartilage, so I'm still able to jog, but don't expect it to help with tendonitis issues, as I don't think it works that way.  I must mention that shoes with proper padding and ample arch support are the most important thing in keeping my knees healthy, but I do think the glucosamine helps keep the cartilage healthy too.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

@Grouchomarx  To my understanding, glucosamine (no matter which brand you use) doesn't work fast. I hope you will give it more than a few weeks.

Years ago when I started taking glucosamine, my doctor said it could take up to six months to see results. Don't recall what Andrew said about his and what the average time elapses before you see results, but I believe a "few weeks" isn't enough time.

I could be wrong on that. Hopefully, others will give their experience with this supplement. And hopefully, it will work quickly for you. Heart

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I didn't have any luck with glucosamine supplements, but they weren't Lessman, so I don't know if maybe his are better.  I found more help with my joints by taking collagen supplements. 

Honored Contributor

@Grouchomarx   I use Lessman's glucosamine/chondroitin for my knees, which has some of this in it, and know that it helps my knees, no more clicking and pain, still stiff after I sit for a while, but that goes away upon walking.

Honored Contributor

@2blonde I have to agree with you on the proper shoes also helping. The majority of my shoes are Vionic and Clarks, both of which have made a tremendous change in how I walk. I also use Vionic inserts in shoes where there is little to no arch support.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Grouchomarx

Zeaxanthin is one ingredient the AREDS formula being recommended by opthamologists, particularly as a preventative for macular degeneration.   (It's not a cure and won't help you see better, but supposedly slows down the disease progression..)

The AREDS formula  contains large amounts of vitamin C, E, zinc, copper and lutein, as well as Zeaxanthin.

https://nei.nih.gov/areds2/PatientFAQ

Not all doctors agree on its effectiveness, but the doctors in the office I go to certainly encourage taking it.

Different brands of the AREDS formulation are available.......PreserVision is one of those most heavily advertised.  I purchase another brand of   AREDS capsules directly from my doctor's office.

Honored Contributor

I give my dog a glucosamine and chondroitin supplement because his breed is prone to hip problems.  It didn't do much for me, though. I've moved on to collagen supplements.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Grouchomarx wrote:

I just got these two new supplements and have never taken them before. Anyone take them and find good results?   TheZeaxanthann was expensive so if it's not doing anything within a few weeks I will return it.  My eyesight has been bothersome lately, as well as my joints.  These are from AndrewLessmann.  More pills to popLOLL.

@Grouchomarx Two weeks is not long enough to give any supplement or product to judge weather is is working or not.    I would take at least 6 months or longer before deciding if it is helping you or not. 

Honored Contributor

@Grouchomarx 

You probably won't see results in a few weeks. It takes longer then that to see results.

I have been using Andrew's Eye Support. I can tell a difference in my vision. It was getting a little hard to read the TV Guide on our TV from my recliner. Since I have been taking his eye support I don't have that problem. I don't use reading glasses either. It will work but you have to give it time plus more then the 30 days you have to return it.

I don't know what size bottle you bought but take all of them before you decide. You may need to take more before you will notice a difference since like I said I don't know what size bottle you ordered.

People do the same with facial care products. They don't work overnight or even in 30-60 days. More like months.