Esteemed Contributor

Re: Getting “weird” pains…

@Another new name Sue wrote:

Welcome to the "golden years," Seamaiden!  It's like whack-a-mole, something new every day, most often being nothing!

------------------

Smiley Happy   I said that to my brother - we are both up there in age.  He quipped "more like the tin foil years"!!!

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@tansy wrote:

Maybe Costochondritis, @SeaMaiden.  

@tansy     Yes!  I read up on that and was thinking that just might be what it is. Thanks for the heads up!

I've had that twice.  It's painful, especially getting out of bed, and takes several weeks to go away.

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden - While it is most certainly true that some really bizarre aches and pains can happen out of the blue as a person ages (i.e. merely looking up at the branches of a tree and feeling sudden neck pain, or stepping out of bed in the morning to feel an odd pain in the ankle that causes instability, or even just opening up a bottle of anything and feeling like some tendons in your hand have been torn, etc.) it is also true that pain, especially sudden severe pain that does not go away, can be a sign of a problem that requires medical attention and treatment from a doctor.  

I hope that your pain is of the kind that goes away suddenly, completely, and permanently.  If it is not, then I hope you get thee hence to a doctor for a thorough evaluation to determine the source and reason for your sharp pain in your right upper quadrant area. Wishing you the best.

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@tansy wrote:

Maybe Costochondritis, @SeaMaiden.  

@tansy     Yes!  I read up on that and was thinking that just might be what it is. Thanks for the heads up!

I've had that twice.  It's painful, especially getting out of bed, and takes several weeks to go away.

@tansy  Yes, it hurts most getting up out of bed...and if I cough. A stabbing pain...and my rib area hurts if I push on it. 

Trusted Contributor

@SeaMaiden 

My DH has been suffering from pain like you mentioned. After many tests they believe it's his gallbladder. Hopefully yours is just a muscle pull. Hope you feel better soon.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Now 65, I sometimes get pains that I can not figure out what it is from. Must be part of the aging process readying for our departure.

@SeaMaiden 

Hmmm!  65 and you feel this way. I have a feeling this is not something new for you. I know many when they were much younger, say 40's that kept telling me the same thing.

Age had absolutely nothing to do with it with them. Like many others that don't listen to their bodies over the years, now they thought the end was near. Either that or they didn't care what their body was hollering at them.

For many of them it was their lifestyle and their "me see a doctor"?  I am not sick I just have this "what'cha ma callit in my thinga majig". That was the level of their knowing how to listen and read their body.

They knew my background in physiology and what might be the cause of certain pains. They asked, I told them what I thought, and it went in 1 ear and out the other.

Had many pains since and before i was 65, none of which i didn't have a clue what it "might be". At 82 now I am no different. Pains? Of course, but I have a pretty good idea of the why and what, for most of them.

Now @SeaMaiden  I have this ^~○■}£₩¥/[] going on, but?? 😉😉

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden 

Me, too!  You get these things and you instantly get worried!  They seem to come randomly and quickly.  I try and think --- what did I do to hurt myself?  Usually, it's nothing that I can think of.  At times these various pain issues last for quite a few days, at other times they last a few hours or even a day.  I instantly get alarmed.  You don't know what is normal and what is not.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

UPDATE!

This morning about 4:45AM I could tell  the pain was a bit better getting out of bed....last night it hurt like the dickens when I went to bed, and tried to get up.  So overnight the inflammation of my rib area must have calmed down.  Still painfull, just not all consuming discomfort.

Will see what happens today. I am assuming it is gradually going to get better.  

Gallbladder or  Costochondritis...who knows! But I think it is Costochondritis. 

Super Contributor

When I was a young bride in my early 20's I would sit and listen to my mother in law go on and on about her aches and pains. I would think to myself I wondered if this woman had anything else to talk about besides that. Well here I am over 35 years later and what do I talk on and on about? I will give you three guesses. You won't need the first two. Yes, I have become my mother in law. 🤣

Honored Contributor

@06greatwife wrote:

When I was a young bride in my early 20's I would sit and listen to my mother in law go on and on about her aches and pains. I would think to myself I wondered if this woman had anything else to talk about besides that. Well here I am over 35 years later and what do I talk on and on about? I will give you three guesses. You won't need the first two. Yes, I have become my mother in law. 🤣

@06greatwife  Same goes for jokes about  prunes etc and older peopke ... prunes and elimination and such is only a joke when you are young....become 60 plus...and it does become an issue in your life😄