Esteemed Contributor

Re: Getting Fit & Staying Motivated

A quick comment about what has helped me. I bought a Fitbit tracker and I wear it to keep me motivated. And I am a member online of Myfitnesspal.com. (totally free)

I eat smaller portions, cut my carbs, cut out most sugars and even the artificial ones that I swear was making me hungry and crave sweets.

My exercise... my kind, yard work, house work and dancing every evening. Hubby's man cave in the basement full of equipment bores me so I do what I like and track my steps and calories burned without it.

Super Contributor

Glad to hear the tips and suggestions. Mandy...goal for the week...take one day at a time. On Monday, only worry about Monday's exercise and eating healthy. Don't look at the long road ahead. Get through Monday. Tuesday...think about exercise and healthy eating for Tuesday. And so on and so on. ONE EXCEPTION!! I usually make my healthy food ahead so it's in the frig when I am hungry. Otherwise, I will grab anything to eat. I have cooked veggies, and turkey patties in there right now. This is one area that I plan ahead.

Esteemed Contributor

I bought a FitBit One and Brenda Dygaf Air Climber (love both so far)

I'm using with Shakeology/AL Marine Collegen Peptides and NurtiBlast 900

This time is The Time! for me

Super Contributor

On 1/18/2015 nanny24 said:

Glad to hear the tips and suggestions. Mandy...goal for the week...take one day at a time. On Monday, only worry about Monday's exercise and eating healthy. Don't look at the long road ahead. Get through Monday. Tuesday...think about exercise and healthy eating for Tuesday's. And so on and so on. ONE EXCEPTION!! I usually make my healthy food ahead so it's in the frig when I am hungry. Otherwise, I will grab anything to eat. I have cooked veggies, and turkey patties in there right now. This is one area that I plan ahead.

I agree with nanny25--if I look too far ahead in the week about working out it overwhelms me and sometimes seems not-doable with everything else I need to get done. Breaking up thinking helps tremendously.....one thing at at time, and not having to do everything all the time. The self-talk we do is quite powerful and Influential.
Honored Contributor

Each day brings its own triumphs and challenges- ONE DAY AT A TIME!!!!!!
Contributor

How is everyone doing this week?

Esteemed Contributor

Day 10!

I am so happy! I am never hungry, now that I cut out all those carbs!!!! And I have lost weight! YAY

I also do squats; I can do 50 in a row now and my body is feel much firmer - it feels SO GOOD!!!! Press on, ladies, you CAN DO IT!!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Super Contributor

Stopping by to say HI to Mary Bailey!!

Contributor

Does anyone have a fitbit? If so what are your thoughts.

Contributor

How is everyone doing this week. Since purchasing the fitbit, I noticed that I have been walking a lot more