Respected Contributor

For anyone who had gestational diabetes during any of your pregnancies, did you end up becoming diabetic when you got older?  Asking for a friend.  😉

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Respected Contributor

Yes

Respected Contributor

@SloopJohnB wrote:

For anyone who had gestational diabetes during any of your pregnancies, did you end up becoming diabetic when you got older?  Asking for a friend.  😉

@SloopJohnB 

No

Honored Contributor

i had gestational diabetes with all three of my pregnancies. i managed it pretty well through my diet. no major complications. no issues after i gave birth.

no, i have not developed diabetes at this time. my grandfather did have diabetes (type 1).

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

Yes

Respected Contributor

So far no and I am 65 but watch my weight because it runs in the family.  I remember when they to!d me I had when pregnant years ago and I cried and cried over that.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Roscoe the Rascal  Yes, I was upset when the doctor told me, also.  I had it with my first baby, but not my second.  It doesn't run in my family. Thank you for your reply.

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

Yes. The child I was pregnant with developed Type 1 at 13 years of age. Diabetes is in our families.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 Ok, thank you for that.

Respected Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 Ok, thank you for sharing.