Respected Contributor

Re: Generic drugs in the news

@SilleeMee wrote:

@sidsmom 

I am Rx drug free. I accomplished that by changing my diet, giving up a few bad things and staying with an exercise program. Takes determination and the will to survive and ultimately live a longer and healthy life.Heart

There are people who cannot go without Rx drugs for whatever reasons...diet cannot change that for those who are like that. It's just not possible in some instances, no matter what dietary changes have been made. Sometimes disabilty makes it impossible to be drug-free...as it was in my case years ago, but now I'm drug-free and counting my blessings.

So true....I wish I didn't have Hashimoto's Thyroditis....I must take replacement thyroid hormones for the rest of my life.  No diet will "fix" it.  My antibodies 2yrs ago when last checked were the lowest ever at 149.....when 1st dx over 1400.  Will my body ever stop attacking itself? I doubt it.

@SeaMaidenthat's wonderful that you found supplements that got rid of a UTI!  Would you mind sharing what you took?  I have had several in my lifetime....last one gave me zero symptoms...was getting my annual last yr and they told me it was positive in my urine test.  Doctor put me on cipro for 3days only said that's the protocol when there are no symptoms.  I hated that antibiotic!  YUK...couldn't wait to get off it.  If I knew what to do with supplements I would try that 1st if it ever happens again.

Honored Contributor

@tsavorite   Yes, I would be happy to tell you what I used.  I will come back here to this thread tomorrow morning  sometime and  list them. So look for my post to you.

What I took may not work for everyone, but, It is worth a try at least....and  it also may be a way to prevent them from coming back. 

Valued Contributor

sadly, this is not new.

if you ask your doctor to write a script for the name brand, many will. some meds may require the doctor to fill out another form. i don't know if the form is because of medicare or something else. you just have to decide if your health/life is worth paying  more copay for, to have the name brand. name brands are covered under medicare.

Esteemed Contributor

When you are old and on medicare you get the generic -at least I do. Which I better take now.