Honored Contributor

Yes, LilacTree, my aunt did pass away many years ago.  Thank you very much for your condolences.  Her internal med doctor knew his stuff, and I'm sure he helped my aunt more than we ever realized.  As far back as I can remember, she suffered with nausea and vomiting, stomach issues, bowel issues, etc., but she, nor the family realized the permanence, and chronic level of her problems.       There were many years of her not adhering to the proper diet, so when she would get really sick and wind up in the ER, again, our first thoughts were that she ate something she wasn't supposed to.  That side of my family history carries stomach cancer, colon cancer, and many bowel issues, so her issues seemed to follow right along with what we'd seen with other family members.   My aunt actually vomited so hard once, she tore a hole in her intestine.  Luckily she was already in the hospital at the time, so that she was able to get a prompt diagnosis and appropriate treatment.   My aunt died in her late 70's, from a blood cancer.   

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

Yes, LilacTree, my aunt did pass away many years ago.  Thank you very much for your condolences.  Her internal med doctor knew his stuff, and I'm sure he helped my aunt more than we ever realized.  As far back as I can remember, she suffered with nausea and vomiting, stomach issues, bowel issues, etc., but she, nor the family realized the permanence, and chronic level of her problems.       There were many years of her not adhering to the proper diet, so when she would get really sick and wind up in the ER, again, our first thoughts were that she ate something she wasn't supposed to.  That side of my family history carries stomach cancer, colon cancer, and many bowel issues, so her issues seemed to follow right along with what we'd seen with other family members.   My aunt actually vomited so hard once, she tore a hole in her intestine.  Luckily she was already in the hospital at the time, so that she was able to get a prompt diagnosis and appropriate treatment.   My aunt died in her late 70's, from a blood cancer.   

How sad.  I am in my late 70s now and don't have much of a life because I never feel well.  The stomach issues accompany rheumatoid arthritis, spinal compressions due to osteoporosis, Sjogren's disease, chronic UTIs, and a lot of pain and daily symptoms from all of this.  I haven't experienced a day without pain in almost 12 years, I really don't know what that would feel like!  It gets tedious.

OK, I know, boo hoo . . . I am still alive and consider myself lucky to have lived this long.  Very few individuals get to have a long life and still be healthy. 

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

I read up on this and the eating plan. It actually looks like a great lifestyle eating plan..unless you have issues with diabetes. DH developed diabetes due to his 3 anti rejection medicines. The nutritionist recommended eating smaller meals more often.