Honored Contributor

Hello all my well informed friends - has any one had experience with ganglion cysts, I have several of the on the knuckles on my right hand, they are the result of a fall last Spring, I brace my fall with my hand and they are a result of trauma. They are painful and hurt when I bend my hand thanks all

Thanks in advance

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Oh my goodness you've been suffering with these since a fall last Spring? I think its time to finally see a doctor. There's no need to be impared.

"Pure Michigan"
Trusted Contributor

i had several experiences with ganglion cysts.... the first was on the back of my wrist, the second grew on my thyroid, and then the most invasive was on my back.... the latter two required surgery.... i learned that some people have a propensity for these, and i am one of these... the one that grew on my back ate away at my spine and damaged part of my spinal cord.... i had a double surgery (neurological and orthopedic).... so my advice is to take these seriously. 

Honored Contributor

I have gone to the doc that is how I know what they are, I have only been suffering for a month or so they are very slow to develop, I need to see a Plastic Surgeon due to the proximity to the tendons on my hand

thank you 

@ID2 wrote:

Oh my goodness you've been suffering with these since a fall last Spring? I think its time to finally see a doctor. There's no need to be impared.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I've never known of a ganglion cyst to be painful. I had one removed from my wrist when I was in nursing school but it was just big and ugly so I wanted it gone before my wedding. 

Honored Contributor

Have you been diagnosed with ganglion cysts or if you have arthritis these may be Heberdens Nodules. If you indeed have ganglion cysts a friend of mine reduced the size of hers by massaging them. I tried that with a g-cyst on my wrist and it works, but after awhile it comes back.

Regular Contributor

yes. both ganglion and polynominal cysts. The ganglion one was the size of a golf ball on wrist. Got lucky, slipped in shower, fell, but no more cyst,

Good Luck!

Honored Contributor

Re: Ganglion Cysts

[ Edited ]

I have a ganglion cyst on my wrist that's been there for about 20 years.  My wrist does hurt sometimes.  I went to a surgeon at one time when it was bothering me really badly.  He said he could remove it, but I ended up not having the surgery.  I've had cortisone injections in my wrist, which helped temporarily.

Yours are obviously very different than mine and more serious.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

I had a ganglion cyst on the inside of my wrist for approximately 20 years. Then one day I woke up and it was basically gone. So happy!

Valued Contributor

I had a large ganglion cyst removed from my inside wrist many years ago. I saw a hand surgeon to make sure it went well, and it did. It has never come back.