Esteemed Contributor

Re: Game Changers last night.....

Honored Contributor

@Caligurll 

Definitely, exciting news!

I’m on the list.

The Game Changers Ranked Number 1 Bestselling Movie On iTunes Pre-Orders

The vegan documentary beat Quentin Tarantino's Once Upon a Time in Hollywood and The Lion King
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the link, @QueenDanceALot .  I found that interesting, as well.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Caligurll   @sidsmom 

Great news!  I'm ordering mine as soon as I write this post.  

I had an amazing encounter today and am so excited!   We were in the check-out line at Sprouts and I happened to ask the woman in front of us if she is plant based (it was evident from her groceries).  It started a friendly and enthusiastic conversation.  After several minutes she asked me if I had seen Game Changes at the premier.  When I replied an excited yes....she told me her sister was the football player's wife who made the meal for the team!  What ensued was both of us having a lively conversation that continued to outside the store.  She has a plant based son and has no desire to eat meat/dairy.  She showed me his picture and tried to call her sister while we were talking as I told her to please let her know how much I appreciated her contribution to the film.  (Her sister's name is Charity and was trained as a chef about 15 years ago at Le Cordon Bleu.  She has been a chef and interested in getting her husband to go plant based for some time.  Cherry told me the whole family (including her sister's family -when her husband showed an interest -went plant based about two years ago.)  Talk about synchronicity.  I wish now I had my husband take our picture together. We talked about wishing there was an active plant based community in our city.   Small world!

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd 

OH.

MY.

GOODNESS!!!

What an amazing story! Lucky you, my leafie sis!

I’m telling you...the movement is so strong right now. 

I’m blessed I have yourself & others here championing by

being beautiful examples of this wonderful lifestyle.

💚🌿💚🌿🌼💛

Trusted Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@Caligurll   @sidsmom 

I had an amazing encounter today and am so excited!   We were in the check-out line at Sprouts and I happened to ask the woman in front of us if she is plant based (it was evident from her groceries).  It started a friendly and enthusiastic conversation.  After several minutes she asked me if I had seen Game Changes at the premier.  When I replied an excited yes....she told me her sister was the football player's wife who made the meal for the team!  What ensued was both of us having a lively conversation that continued to outside the store.  She has a plant based son and has no desire to eat meat/dairy.  She showed me his picture and tried to call her sister while we were taking as I told her to please let her know how much I appreciated her contribution to the film.  (Her sister's name is Charity and was trained as a chef about 15 years ago at Le Cordon Bleu.  She has been a chef and interested in getting her husband to go plant based for some time.  Cherry told me the whole family (including her sister's family -when her husband showed an interest -went plant based about two years ago.)  Talk about synchronicity.  I wish now I had my husband take our picture together. We talked about wishing there was an active plant based community in our city.   Small world!

That is amazing @phoenixbrd !  I so want her to come out with a cookbook!  

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@BExplorer   Yup, that mac and cheese looked fierce in the film.  I should have asked Cherry for that recipe (I'll bet she knew).  Cherry asked for my phone number due to our common interests and my professional pursuits.  I don't expect her to call...but wouldn't that be something!  I rarely share my personal life....but this was such a unique lifestyle confirming experience.  I agree....a cookbook would be great!

Esteemed Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@Caligurll   @sidsmom 

I had an amazing encounter today and am so excited!   We were in the check-out line at Sprouts and I happened to ask the woman in front of us if she is plant based (it was evident from her groceries).  It started a friendly and enthusiastic conversation.  After several minutes she asked me if I had seen Game Changes at the premier.  When I replied an excited yes....she told me her sister was the football player's wife who made the meal for the team!  What ensued was both of us having a lively conversation that continued to outside the store.  She has a plant based son and has no desire to eat meat/dairy.  She showed me his picture and tried to call her sister while we were talking as I told her to please let her know how much I appreciated her contribution to the film.  (Her sister's name is Charity and was trained as a chef about 15 years ago at Le Cordon Bleu.  She has been a chef and interested in getting her husband to go plant based for some time.  Cherry told me the whole family (including her sister's family -when her husband showed an interest -went plant based about two years ago.)  Talk about synchronicity.  I wish now I had my husband take our picture together. We talked about wishing there was an active plant based community in our city.   Small world!

@phoenixbrd  Amazing encounter!  It was definitely meant to be!

Esteemed Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@Caligurll 

Definitely, exciting news!

I’m on the list.

The Game Changers Ranked Number 1 Bestselling Movie On iTunes Pre-Orders

The vegan documentary beat Quentin Tarantino's Once Upon a Time in Hollywood and The Lion King

@sidsmom  I can't wait to see it again.  There were so many times during the movie I wanted to rewind! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Caligurll wrote:

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@Caligurll   @sidsmom 

@phoenixbrd  Amazing encounter!  It was definitely meant to be!

@Caligurll @phoenixbrd @BExplorer 

🌟Serendipity🌸