Honored Contributor

Re: Game Changers last night.....

[ Edited ]

@Caligurll   Yes, so well done and I am hoping it reaches lots of people maybe previously unwilling to watch but will due to James Cameron's undeniable talent.

Yup, I've had the same .... a bit of oil/salt.  I am so happy that my husband has transitioned and become plant based but in my efforts to make the food delicious to entice him, I've dabbled with the salt/oil - very little but noticeable.  I bit the bullet four days ago.....determined and successful SOS free for both of us now.  No complaints from him and I'm happy to be back on track.   This movie will be a game changer for all of us!  Good for you on your new commitmentSmiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@kitcat51   Yes, we tend to get excited and zealous in our discoveries wanting to share with others.  I've attended workshops with Will Tuttle and was influenced by his acceptance of everyone and his suggestion of offering our positive experiences.  Attitudes are not inspiring....coming from love and information is much more effective. (Tuttle's Buddhist background is evident.)  I realize we are all on our own paths.  I share when asked, offer my own positive experiences and hopefully as encouragement rather than judgement.  (For my family and close friends...I am willing to be a bit more imposing, especially if medically at-risk.)  I'm very thankful for my plant based colleagues on this board as well in my day-to-day life, I have learned from them and they offer inspiration.

I appreciate your comments and your willingness to share.Heart

@kitcat51 wrote:

I'm pleased that you liked the film & enjoy living that lifestyle BUT what I don't like about the movement (by some not all) is the we know better than they do attitude & that it needs to be forced on people by banning & shaming. I know people who live a plant based life & several are open minded but the others aren't happy running their own life, they want to run yours too. 

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd 

I started my 2nd round of Mary’s Mini yesterday so

going to the movie was a wonderful motivator for me.

I’m tickled they really focused on the fat dialogue.

As for emotion/attitude perceived?

It’s hard to dictate someone else’s emotion to the situation.

Facts are facts.

All the health conditions can be greatly improved & medications 

can be reduced/eliminated with a low fat plant based diet. Fact.

Wanting people to get better is positive thing. 

Having a healthy population, without drugs/sickness, is something

we all should want & encourage. Sickness affects everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@Caligurll   Yes, so well done and I am hoping it reaches lots of people maybe previously unwilling to watch but will due to James Cameron's undeniable talent.

Yup, I've had the same .... a bit of oil/salt.  I am so happy that my husband has transitioned and become plant based but in my efforts to make the food delicious to entice him, I've dabbled with the salt/oil - very little but noticeable.  I bit the bullet four days ago.....determined and successful SOS free for both of us now.  No complaints from him and I'm happy to be back on track.   This movie will be a game changer for all of us!  Good for you on your new commitmentSmiley Wink

@phoenixbrd  I just came back from my weekly shopping trip to Sprouts and Trader Joe's.  TJs is like walking through a mine field with all the fall delights out, but I made my treats nonfood.  Got some flowers and a honeycrisp apple mini scented diffuser.  Got some Cotton Candy grapes too!  I was surprised to see them so late in the season.

I was hoping to see more men at the movie last night, but it was overwhelmingly a female audience.  I think/hope once the word spreads, a lot more people will see it, kind of like the word of mouth that What the Health had.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to my renewed focus on being Whole Food, Plant Based.  

And great job for you getting back on track!

Honored Contributor

Coming on iTune October 1st!💚

$15

Yes, please. 

43B787ED-A829-42C6-9E42-C0EADBC558A2.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

I forgot this was coming out. I checked today as I wanted to see this but couldn't find it playing in Dallas.  Went to the website and seems to be a one and done?

Trusted Contributor

@vickie25 wrote:

I forgot this was coming out. I checked today as I wanted to see this but couldn't find it playing in Dallas.  Went to the website and seems to be a one and done?

******.  I see it played on the 16th at Northpark Mall.

Honored Contributor

@vickie25 wrote:

@vickie25 wrote:

******.  I see it played on the 16th at Northpark Mall.

@vickie25 

Yeah, oddly the Plant Based groups here in DFW are fairly strong.

They probably sold the thing out!  

The film is very science heavy but they presented it easy to understand. 

I was taking notes during the film!  Can’t wait to watch it again

to really soak it in.  You’ll like it...guarantee. 

Respected Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@kitcat51   Yes, we tend to get excited and zealous in our discoveries wanting to share with others.  I've attended workshops with Will Tuttle and was influenced by his acceptance of everyone and his suggestion of offering our positive experiences.  Attitudes are not inspiring....coming from love and information is much more effective. (Tuttle's Buddhist background is evident.)  I realize we are all on our own paths.  I share when asked, offer my own positive experiences and hopefully as encouragement rather than judgement.  (For my family and close friends...I am willing to be a bit more imposing, especially if medically at-risk.)  I'm very thankful for my plant based colleagues on this board as well in my day-to-day life, I have learned from them and they offer inspiration.

I appreciate your comments and your willingness to share.Heart

@kitcat51 wrote:

I'm pleased that you liked the film & enjoy living that lifestyle BUT what I don't like about the movement (by some not all) is the we know better than they do attitude & that it needs to be forced on people by banning & shaming. I know people who live a plant based life & several are open minded but the others aren't happy running their own life, they want to run yours too. 

I want to Thank You for your kind reply. I know how people can get wrapped up in excitement & over the years I've listened to others share their passions but now I simply say...I'm so happy that you're happy & walk away. I'm 68, always knew how I'd live my life & I'm content with my decisions...I know who I am, what I believe & can't imagine being part of any movement, that's not for me. I know I have less time above ground now & below is coming soon so I simply make the most of everyday by working, volunteering & enjoying EVERYTHING I can with family & friends...that's my good life. All the best to you @phoenixbrd, enjoy your good life too.

Honored Contributor

I missed it as I had classes Monday evening but do plan to see it at some point.  As I have said I am not 100% plant based these days but appreciate a plant based approach and applaud those who have had success with it and continue to thrive.  

I am curious as to how the film handled the protein question as the strongman, Patrik B., has reported that he eats over 400 grams (plant based) protein per day.  Seems at odds with what part of the film was saying? (if I read the promos correctly).  I have read that other strength athletes also eat higher amounts of protein than the proponents say they need or should have.

I did read one review that took exception to some of the film and found it interesting

https://www.menshealth.com/nutrition/a29067926/the-game-changers-movie-fact-check/

I still would like to see it, though, to make up my own mind.

And I am particularly interested in athletes, their training, their nutrition, and other aspects of their success (or failure).