Trusted Contributor

Re: GOT MODERNA YESTERDAY #1

@Love my grandkids  Thanks. Weather report said should be ok by Monday afternoon. From what I've read you can have a maximum of 42 days between doses if you can't get the 2nd dose on time.

Trusted Contributor

@gizmogal wrote:

I lucked out and scored an appointment for Moderna #1 at the Walgreens pharmacy two blocks from my house. Well organized handling the paperwork and the shot was completely painless. I sat still for 10 minutes and then walked home. A bit of a sore arm today but even that is fading.  No other side effects.

I'm glad and grateful after weeks of trying and trying to get an appointment and this so convenient!  My next shot is exactly 4 weeks later. Scheduled and confirmed by email. 

I scanned the CDC card into my computer and will scan it again after the second shot info is written in. That way I have the original card, plus the scanned file that I can print any time. 

I think opening the pharmacies to accommodate mostly seniors who need a local, convenient, and familiar venue for their shots was a find idea. I would have been able to drive myself anywhere to get vaccinated, but this worked out especially lucky for me. 

Yes, it is great,  the only problem in our State is you can only register for Walmart online and a lot of seniors don't have computers.  At this point you can't walk into the store and sign up or call.  Hopefully they come up with a way to help seniors without computers. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Love my grandkids  We were told to take a photo with our cell phone of the vaccinations card. After my first one I took a photo and also one of the second appointment card, just in case!

Someone suggested having the card laminated or copied.