Trusted Contributor

Re: Fruit and veggie supplement capsules?

[ Edited ]

The ones I have found are called Juicefestiv by Natrol. They are made from organic fruits and veggies; the ones advertised on tv are not organic, so wary of what chemicals could be in them. I have recently found some reviews and ratings of several on the market, but all of them are promoting their own company's version, so nothing really objective. I know I can't possibly eat enough fruits or veggies in one day due to digestive issues, and the green drinks just look and taste gross to me, so I may give the Natrol a try.

Honored Contributor

They probably work as well as Prevagen and Relief Factor. At least somebody is making tons of money. Oh well, you can always try it and see for yourself. 

Frequent Contributor

I'm a skeptic but my husband eats so poorly I figured it can't hurt. 
He eats no fruits and only veggies if they are floating in cheese or butter.🙄☹️😱

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Duckncover Eat fruit and vegetables or make a smoothie. Choose the ones that don't upset you stomach. 

Respected Contributor

I take them daily.  Years ago, I stopped taking them and I had an alopecia flare that I lost almost all my hair.  I don't know if it was specifically tied to that, but I went back on them.  I try to eat fruits and vegetables, but don't succeed sometimes.

Honored Contributor

I noticed the ones sold on TV seem to recommend 3 each daily, not just one capsule each.  That's 6 capsules per day.  Also, I do think they are organic since, if I'm rememberng the commercial correctly, they say free from pesticides.  

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@RetRN  Did you try Relief Factor? I was going to order that.I should have known it's all Bogus

Esteemed Contributor

I buy Andrew Lessman's vegatable ones. Don't need fruit ones because I do eat fruit, but veg. not so much.

The ones advertised on Fox with discount code are very expensive and you are enrolled in repeats evey month or so.

Same with the pain capseles they advertise.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RetRN wrote:

They probably work as well as Prevagen and Relief Factor. At least somebody is making tons of money. Oh well, you can always try it and see for yourself. 

Prevagen and Relief Factor are for memory and pain; not nutrition. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Relief Factor I think is for chronic pain....not the same thing as the Fruit and Veggie capsules. Six capsules a day is a lot! I won't buy anything that involves an auto-refill each month. Sounds like an expensive plan and doesn't interest me. The Natrol ones you buy whenever you want.