Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Freestyle Libre Blood Glucose System

Sounds like that is the perfect solution for me. Thank you for the great info!
Contributor

I am also about to start using the FreeStyle Libre blood glucose monitor.

Thank you for the information about the Fixic adhesive patches.  Just ordered them, they will be a big help.

How do you get the Apple app so you can scan with your phone rather than the reader?  And how do you use it?  It seems handier to use when on the go that having to schlepp the reader along and possibly lose it.  

Please use a larger font size to reply .... it is hard for older eyes to read tiny print.  Thanks in advance for your help!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use Tegaderm Film patches which I bought from Amazon.  They are 2 3/8 inches by 2 3/4 inches.  100 to a package so probably cheaper than the Freestyle brand. 

@SuperShopper wrote:

Thank you for the information about the Fixic adhesive patches.  Just ordered them, they will be a big help.

How do you get the Apple app so you can scan with your phone rather than the reader?  And how do you use it?  It seems handier to use when on the go that having to schlepp the reader along and possibly lose it.  

Please use a larger font size to reply .... it is hard for older eyes to read tiny print.  Thanks in advance for your help!

@SuperShopper 

@MOMMAVik 

@ciao_bella 

Respected Contributor

@SuperShopper wrote:

My daughter doesn't have an iphone but does have an android phone.  She hasn't tried the app yet, so not sure how it works. 

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Contributor

@SuperShopper wrote:

Hi,

My husband uses this monitor and he says you get the App from the Apple App Store.  Just look for Freestyle Libre App.