Valued Contributor
Posts: 766
Registered: ‎02-02-2021

@Mindy D wrote:

@Jo1313 @Could you post the state they live in. Someone here. Might be able to find you more information. The County would also be helpful since many counties deliver services. If either parent is a veteran, that might be helpful to know. 

NYS..Queens veterans

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 93
Registered: ‎04-28-2012



I'm a social worker and am familiar with Freedom Care. Freedom Care administers the CDAP program (Consumer Directed Assistance Program) which enables the client to choose a family member/friend etc. to provide home care and the caregiver is paid by Medicaid through FreedomCare.  However, the agency (Freedom Care) doesn't train the person providing home care. The client must direct them.