New Contributor

Forums on wellness: i just saw the QVC2 Big Deal on" the weighted blanket". big believer

Respected Contributor

Re: Forums on wellness: i just saw the QVC2 Big Deal on" the weighted blanket". big belie

@Bridge1  i'm not buying it... it's a lot of $$$.  BUT, I'm also a believer.   Sometimes when I'm having trouble sleeping, I'll put a pillow over my torso,  I think it does what this blanket does, and it usually helps me sleep.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Forums on wellness: i just saw the QVC2 Big Deal on" the weighted blanket". big belie

I just snuggle up to my furbaby and I'm off to la-la land.

Honored Contributor

Hearing about this reminds me of Temple Grandin's research and insight into deep touch pressure and the calming effects it can have.   I can see how it might be beneficial in many ways, and so natural, too.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

This is interesting. I was just watching an interview with a young autistic woman. She put on a deep pressure vest during the interview to help calm herself.